Anxiety and Killian

Y/N POV 

When Tony and I walked into the building, Rhodey was already sitting at a table staring at a news show. He was glaring at it and I didn't understand why until we got closer. 

"The same suit, but painted red, white and blue." The woman was saying. She was replaced with a photo of the newly designed War Machine suit and spoke over it, "Look at that. And they also renamed him, 'Iron Patriot. You know, just in case the paint was too subtle." 

When Rhodey saw Tony and I he switched his attention to us. Before either of us could say hi he started to speak, "It tested well with focus groups, all right?" 

"I wasn't hating on it!" I raise my hands in mock defeat before sliding into the seat next to him. 

Tony speaks in a gruff voice, "I am Iron Patriot!" He then switched back to normal, "It sucks." 

"Stop it Tony!" I smack his arm as he sits down. 

"Listen. 'War Machine' was a little too aggressive. All right? This sends a better message." Rhodey shrugs and turns his back on the screen. 

"I like it. It looks nice on you." I say and smile at him. He grins back and I hear Tony sigh. 

"So, not to ruin the moment, but what's really going on? This Mandarin guy woke me up from my nap. Well Y/N did but it was his fault." Tony looks at me and pulls his sunglasses down just far enough to glare at me. 

"Ok ok. I'm sorry. But seriously, can we talk about this guy?" I turn my attention away from Tony. 

Rhodey shifts a bit in his seat, "It's classified information. I'm sorry."

I tilt my head to the side and glare at him, "And when has that stopped you? You literally told me a whole line of passcodes one night because I asked for your phone number." 

"Y/N!" He whisper shouted at me. "Don't bring that up." 

"Spill the beans, Patriot." Tony smirks as he talks. 

"Okay! There have been nine bombings." Rhodey says quietly. 

"Nine?" I question and he nods. 

"The public only knows about three. But here's the thing, nobody can ID a device. There's no bomb casings." He explains and Tony and I look at each other. 

"You know I can help." Tony says. 

"So can I, just ask." I pitch in. 

"I got a ton of new tech. Y/N's seen it. I got a prehensile suit. I got bomb disposal..... It catches explosions in mid-air." It surprised me when Tony started to fumble over his words. 

"When's the last time you got a good night's sleep? And your little nap doesn't count." Rhodey asks. 

"Einstein slept three hours a year. Look what he did." Tony counters. 

"People are concerned about you, Tony. I'm concerned about you." Rhodey leans across the table to get closer to Tony. 

"You're going to come at me like that? Why don't you go after her too?" Tony points at me. 

"Y/N's fine! The public love her like always. The only thing on their minds is if she's dating Black Widow. Which I meant to ask, are you?" He turns to me with a small smile. 

"I don't believe that this was the topic of conversation." I clear my throat and both men glare at me. "Yes. Yes I am." 

"I knew it!" Rhodey said a bit too loudly. "Sorry. Look Tony, I'm not trying to be a dick-" As two kids walked over and Rhodey quickly said, "-tator."