Blood

A/N For those of you who don't know it. There's The Moon Song! It'll be used in a little bit. (Also... I know I said smut but guess what... I lied :) I know... I'm evil. At least no one is dead yet. Besides you know... Coulson.) 

Y/N POV 

"No, I'm clocking out here." Coulson's eyes were becoming unfocused and he coughed again.

"Not an option." Fury was becoming panicked the longer we sat here.

"It's okay, boss. This was never gonna work if they didn't have something to...." He tried to finish his sentence but failed. His breathing stopped and his body slumped. I fell backward into a sitting position and was just stunned. 

"Don't trust anyone." Fury begs both of us and I look over to see Steve crouched nearby. Not again. Why is this happening again? "Call Maria." Fury grabs onto me and pulls me closer as I feel his hand loosen and drop-down limply onto his chest. 

Everything vanished and I was scrubbing my hands clean of blood. Whose blood was it this time? Coulson's had been all my hands and arms. Then it was Fury's. I'm suddenly kneeling in front of Nat and her back is pressed to a car. Steve shouts behind us and I press my hands against her shoulder. "He would probably have taken that bullet for you if he was close enough," I say as try to stop the bleeding. 

"It's your fault!" The blonde woman reappears and I stumble away from Natasha. The land shifts and I'm outside Clint's house and he's next to me with his bow in hand. 

"It's not her fault!" He shouts back. 

She ignores him and grabs the front of my shirt, "It should have been you!" 

I jolt awake and sit up as I look around the room. I'm covered in sweat and I throw the blankets off of myself before trying to catch my breath. A hand brushes over my shoulder and I jerk away before I realize that it's just Natasha. Her lips are moving but I don't hear anything she's saying as my eyes keep un-focusing. She pulls me toward her and I shut my eyes as I try to come back to my senses. 

"It's your fault!" The woman's voice rings through my ears and it's the only sound I can hear. I pull away from Nat and stand up on shaking legs. I see her quickly stand up as well and I don't even realize that she's still undressed from her shower. I get to the bathroom and turn on the sink to start scrubbing at my hands. Part of me understands that there is nothing on them but I see her blood coating both of them. Maybe it's not hers. Maybe it's Coulson's. Or maybe in Fury. Perhaps all three. I don't care. It was my fault.

"Y/N!" Natasha shouts and yanks me backward so my back hits the wall. She cups some water in her hand and splashes it against my face when I still don't look at her. "Can you hear me?" She tries and I slightly nod my head at her. She tries to take my hands in hers but I flinch away and slowly slide to sit on the floor. She crouches down in front of me and she pulls my arms away from my face so she can look at me. "What's going on?" I just shake my head and she sighs, shifting to sit next to me. She leans her head back and shuts her eyes before leaning over to rest on my shoulder. Her hand reaches across both of us to rest on my side before she cuddles closer to me. 

I rest my head on hers as I fight to get a steady breathing again when suddenly I hear her whispered singing. I glance down at her in surprise but she doesn't look at me as she continues to sing. 

"I'm lying on the moon
My dear, I'll be there soon
It's a quiet and starry place
Time's we're swallowed up, in space
We're here, a million miles away
There's things I wish I knew
There is no thing I keep from you
It's a dark and shiny place
But with you, my dear, I'm safe
And we're a million miles away."

"I told you I heard you sing something about the moon," I whisper and she quickly pulls away to cup my face in her hands.

"Baby, what happened?" She quickly asks and I give her a weak smile.