Attacked

Y/N POV

A few days had passed since the incident at Randy's Donuts and whenever I wasn't in work I was at Tony's trying to help with his predicament. We had looked through all his dad's belongings that Fury had given to him in a big metal trunk. While some of the videos had cute baby Tony in them they weren't that helpful in saving my friend from certain death. 

"Look at this!" Tony was walking over to me with a camera he had just pulled from the box. It was an older device and I remembered it instantly. 

"That was the one you bought me! How'd it end up in there?" At one point in my early college career I was thinking about entering the film industry and let's just say I'm happy that didn't happen. My mother was an actress and I decided following in her footsteps probably wasn't the best idea, seeing as I didn't like her all too much. 

"No clue. Thought you still had it or threw it away." He was turning it around in his hands trying to figure out how it worked. 

"We don't have to turn that thing on Tony. We both know what's gonna be on there." 

"That's exactly the point. Half cool videos of nature and stuff and the other half is me being drunk and breaking things." I nodded and we both laughed as he handed me the camera. 

"I'll be taking this!" I said while placing it down onto the desk next to me. 

"Finder keepers!" He responded as he started reaching for it. 

"Oh fine." I grumbled as he picked it back up and brought it over to one of his shelves. "Just if I ever deicide I do wanna watch it you better let me."   

"Of course! You're welcome anytime." 

"Especially since you don't run Stark Industries anymore, I don't have to pretend to hate you." I jumped off the desk and went to dig around a bit more in the metal case. There were some files that I didn't really want to read through and I'm sure Tony didn't either, that's why they were still in there. 

"Pepper requests a visit from you Tony." J.A.R.V.I.S's voice startled both of us and Tony looked confused. 

"She wants to talk to me? That's new. Tell her I'm on my way." Pepper had told Tony that she wasn't in the mood to talk with him after the birthday party. 

"Right away sir." J.A.R.V.I.S answered. 

"Hell yeah I'm back on the path of not being hated!" 

We high fived and I shook my head at him, "You're impossible." 

"It's part of my charm." He looked down at his watch then glanced back up at me, "Uh it's 11:38 didn't you say you had that meeting today?" 

My eyes widened and I bolted over to my phone to double check the time, "Shit! I blame you and your distracting death looming over us!" I shrugged on my jacket and ran out the doors shouting, "See you later!" over my shoulder as I ran up the stairs. 

"Good luck!" I heard him say before I raced out the doors and got into my car. There was a board meeting at 12 and it took 40 minutes to get to my office from here. I know I run the place but it's not a good idea to be late to a meeting with the big heads. 

As I neared the city I got stuck in traffic and decided to park in a large parking lot and ditch the car. I would be faster running down the sidewalk then trying to get through the stand still cars. I did my best to avoid running into anyone but I bumped into a few shoulders on the way.

"Ms. Harkin! I was wondering if you were coming in to the office today." The doorman, Sam, was saying as I got to the doors. 

I was out of breath and had to take a few deep breaths before responding, "Hell of a morning."