Sokovia

Y/N POV 

I wasn't expecting to be scared. I hadn't been that scared in New York during the battle but maybe I had just blocked out that part of the memory. As we drove closer I could feel my heart start to race and my breathing was getting shorter. I wasn't supposed to be here. What was I supposed to do? I had never fought in this suit before. I was better off in the background with a bow like Clint at this point. 

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Jarvis said and my eyes flicked across the screen. 

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I answer and he puts a display of my heart rate in front of me. 

"You're showing similar signs to the ones Tony would have before his panic attacks." He informed me. 

"That's just great, isn't it?" I ask with a small chuckle. "I'm fine. Thanks for checking in." 

"Anytime, Y/N." He responds before removing the display. I glance over to the side and I see Steve open the back of the car and a motorcycle slides out that he jumps onto. He speeds ahead while I watch Thor take off. I turned my attention back to the front and saw the building far in the distance. There were people outside running toward us and I had a sinking feeling. Tony started to fly upwards and he motioned for me to follow him. 

I looked toward Nat but she was focused ahead of us. I glanced over at Clint and he nodded his head at me. I engaged the boosters and flew up next to Tony as we both moved forward into the woods. "Tell me again how I work this thing." I say to him through our private channel. 

"Maybe we should have had a few lessons before showing up here." He says with a slight laugh. 

"Would have been helpful. I mean-" 

"Duck!" He shouts and I dip downward as a missile flies over my head. 

"I'm so going to die." I mutter as I join him in racing forward. I see Steve's shield fly and hit a few people beneath us. 

"No you aren't. Even if that hit you it wouldn't have killed you." He tries to hype me up but I'm still having trouble controlling my breathing. Thor fires lightening ahead of us and the bolts shoot through the woods striking anyone in its path. I see Nat lean to the side and grab onto someone's arm and drag them alongside the car. Clint has stopped his vehicle to use the gun on top of it and fire towards the building. "You ready to dodge like a master?" 

"I can't even fly straight, Tony!" I shout as he races forward. 

"Good! You're halfway to dodging." He answers as I fly after him. More of the missiles launch from the walls of the base and he starts twirling around and I do my best to focus on where the missiles are heading not where they are right now. 

"Y/N if you die I'll kill you." I hear Nat say through our channel. Jarvis helped to patch me through to everyone else instead of just Tony when they started to talk. 

"Good to know," I answer as I drop a bit to avoid another missile. I haven't even gotten to the building yet and I was almost hit thirty times.  

"Shit!" Tony shouts and I see him bounce off a kind of force field around the building. I try to slow down but I also slam into it and almost fly backward towards him but he moves out of the way. 

"Language!" Steve answers. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" 

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis answers and I yank Tony downward when we get shot at again. 

"Loki's scepter is in there!" Thor shouts and I see more lighting crack beneath us. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it." 

"You're telling me they're using the power from that thing to make this force field?" I ask.