History Lessons and Singing

Y/N POV 

"I'll be back later then normal. I guess something bad happened." Nat said when she was getting ready to leave. She had been on the phone for awhile as I was lounging on the couch. 

"Is everything ok?" I ask her. 

"I think so. Just something I have to take a personal look at. Don't wait up for me tonight." She makes her way over to me on the couch and kisses my lips a few times before leaving. 

I luckily didn't have work today. Well technically I could just not show up any day but that would be bad boss behavior. I decided that this would be a perfect time to call Steve and see if he was around for those movies we wanted to watch. 

It took a few rings to connect but his cheery voice came through, "Y/N! Is that you?" 

"Yup! I'm off today so if you were free I thought maybe you could join me for that history lesson?" I ask and I hear him laugh. 

"Sounds perfect. Send me the address and then I will be there." He answered and I hung up. I texted him the address and it came over me that he might not be the best at using phones. If he wasn't here in an hour I would call again to check in. 

"Rover!" I shouted and my favorite little guy came flying into the room. 

"Yes, Y/N?" He floated in front of me. 

"Do we have wrapping paper?" I ask and he does a little spin like he's thinking. 

"I do believe so. It's in the study." He responds and I nod. 

He goes to fly off but I call after him, "Rover?"

"Yes?" He turns to look at me. 

"Do you not like Natasha?" I ask carefully. 

"What ever do you mean?" He responds with the same tone. 

"I mean you never seem to be around when she is. What's up with that?" I ask and I watch as he doesn't answer. 

"I mean... she's great. I just hate she went through my files." He answered. I guess I understood how that was invasive. 

"Alright buddy. I promise she won't do that again. And I still got to talk to her about calling you an 'it'." I pat his head and he flies out of the room. Gosh it felt like he was my child sometimes. 

As I want for Steve to arrive I wrap the gift I had gotten for Nat. After I was done I pushed it back into its hiding place and started to set out the ingredients for Steve. I even put out an apron that said, Cookin with Cap, and had his shield on it as well. I couldn't wait for his reaction. I still had a bit of time so I went into the front garden to do a small workout. I hadn't done training in awhile but with all the saving the world crap I thought that counted. I was deep in thought when Steve's car pulled up and I was doing pull ups. 

"That's way more then 16." I heard his voice and I turned to look at him. He was wearing a new jacket and I smiled at the thought I still had his old one. I let go of the bar and wiped the sweat off my forehead. 

"Sorry! I lost track of time. I would have changed before you got here." I grabbed a drink from a water bottle I sat down next to me and Steve shrugged.

"I don't have an issue with it. But if you do, you can change as I cook." He pulled out a bag from his car and I led the way inside. 

"Sounds good. Everything you need is on the counter." I rushed up the stairs after pointing him towards the kitchen. When I came back down, looking and smelling nicer, he was in the kitchen with the apron on. He was stirring a pot with one hand while reading a book in the other. He looked so at peace so I decided to leave him be.