Christmas Morning

Y/N POV 

I was awoken by many light kisses against my jaw. I groaned and tried to turn on my side but Natasha just followed me. "Get up!" 

"Why?" I grumble and hold my hands over my eyes. 

"Because its Christmas, dumbass!" She says and hits me with a pillow. 

"Since when are you so excited for Christmas?" I hold my hands out in front of me to try and stop the pillow attack. 

"Since I got someone to spend it with." She says that so calmly but it makes my heart sink. I didn't really know much about her past, and I didn't want her to force her to talk about it, but there has to be some happy memories, right?

"Alright alright. Get off me." I push at her shoulders and she sits up, straddling me and smiling down at me. 

"You're gorgeous." She comments and my face flushes. 

"No, I'm a mess. Now get off." I try and shake her off but she just falls back onto me, giggling. Waking up with Nat everyday for the past few months really made me realize that she is the most cuddly in the morning and at night. Throughout the day she'll accept it but she always becomes more independent. 

"Fine." She turns so she can stand up and then she turns around to drag me out from under the covers. 

"Nat! It's 4am!" I say when I look at the clock on the bedside table. 

"And I'm wide awake. Let's go." She grabs my hand and starts dragging me towards the door. 

"Oh no you don't. I have your first gifts right here." That makes her stop. She tilts her head as I walk into the closet, to grab our matching PJs. "One for you and one for me. First Christmas together might as well go all out." 

She beams at me, "Wow... I never took myself for the hopeless romantic but I love this idea." 

"Nat, if you didn't tune into your romantic side when you covered my house in rose petals then you might not be fit to be a spy." I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes. 

"Clint helped with all that. He's pretty freaking romantic." She answers as she pulls her shirt over her head. I quickly shift my gaze to my own set of pajamas, it's just a simple red plaid print but they are fuzzy. I still can't seem to look at her like this, without feeling all sorts of jittery feelings. I've gotten better at changing in front of her but I'm always very aware of her eyes on me. It's not even like I mind her looking at me, because its her. But it's still all so weird. 

I chuckle as I shift my gaze back to her eyes, "Look at how far we've come." 

"Feels like just yesterday I was almost forcing myself on you." She quirks an eyebrow at me. 

I cringe a bit, "Let's not phrase that, that way please." 

She smiles at me and walks closer so she can take the pajamas from me. "Agreed. I would like you to know I regret doing that." 

"Then... I'd like you to know that I don't regret it. I... I'm happy with where we are. I mean we had the rough start, but... now I wake up to you squealing about Christmas." I smile at her and she rolls her eyes. 

"I did not squeal." She reaches for the hem of my shirt and pulls it upwards, I lift my arms to let it come up. Her eyes don't shift from mine as she hands me the pajama top. 

"Oh yes you did. I heard it with my own ears." I grin at her as I pull the top on before leaning down to change my bottoms. 

"Let's move on." She turns from me and opens the door out into the hall.