Party

Y/N POV 

"You're here!" Tony shouts as Nat and I walk into the lobby of the tower. "Just so we both understand each other, are we talking or are we avoiding each other?" 

"As long as you don't say AI, then we can talk," I say as he hands me a glass and we head toward the elevator. He hands Nat one as well and we clink them together before taking a sip. 

"You told her then?" Tony asks and Nat raises an eyebrow at him. 

"Butt out, Tony," I warn and he sighs. "Why does it sound so loud?" I ask once we get closer to the top level and I can hear the chattering of people as well as music blasting. 

"It's a party!" He reminds me and I sigh. 

"Do I personally know everyone at this party?" I ask and he moves closer to the doors. 

"Nope." He winks before walking out the second they open. 

"Nat." I spin to her and she widens her eyes. "You know that there really is no harm in us leaving right now. No one will notice." 

"This party is for you. I think people will notice." She leads me out the doors and I cling to her arm. "You're normally the one running these kinds of things." 

"I don't enjoy them," I mutter as we head over to the bar when Steve and Sam are playing pool. 

"You'll have fun. Plus, there are so many of your real friends here." She points and Steve and Sam who are laughing with each other.

"The hottest couple in the world! Care to play?" Sam shouts over toward us when we got closer.

"You want me to play against you in pool?" I raise an eyebrow and Sam nods. "Alright." 

"Yes!" He cheers. "You're going to be surprised by my skills." 

"Oh, am I know?" I tease as I pick up a cue. 

"I'll even let you start." He steps aside and I quickly line up a shot. I break the balls and two striped ones fall into the holes.

"That was a mistake on your part." I wink at him and he glares at me. I scan the area and find the best next location as I take a moment to take in the lean of the table and the slight dents in the balls. 

"Romanoff! Did you know she can play pool?" Sam asks and Nat shrugs. 

"We've never played. But she's fantastic at the most random things." She says and I grin. 

"What if I beat you and you don't even get a turn?" I ask as I quickly hit two more in. 

"I'll leave." He crosses his arms as I make my way over to the white ball. I line up my next shot when Natasha gently places a hand on my back and I look up at her. 

"Yes?" I ask and she smirks. 

"I was trying to distract you." She admits and I roll my eyes. 

"Get lost. Shoo." I flick her arm and she laughs before backing up and heading over to the bar to grab us drinks. 

"I can't even beat you when someone tries to sabotage you." Sam hangs his head. I end up beating Sam pretty easily but then I play against Steve and he goes first. Turns out he's also pretty good so we spend some time trying to beat each other. In the end, I win again and he gives me a quick hug before wandering off to go find where Sam went. I look around for Nat but I don't see her anymore. After she brought me over another drink she said she was going to go hang out with Maria but she wasn't with Maria anymore. I headed over to where Thor, Tony, Rhodey, and Maria were standing.