Rain and Cuddles

Y/N POV 

Everyone stayed over after the campfire. We stayed up pretty late just talking and eating some food Clint made. Fury was the only one to leave which really bugged me because the badge was slowly burning a hole in the pocket it rested in. Nat had spoken to Clint and she found out that he and Steve had one hundred percent been working together to make us solve our problem. I couldn't really complain because it had indeed worked. Having Nat's hands resting on the back of my chair as I talked to Pietro was amazing. She didn't even have to be talking to me to make me smile. Just her warm presence was enough, the cold shoulder had been getting really hard to live with.

When we got to our room to finally get some sleep she fell face first onto the bed. I laughed a little and she groaned so I sat down next to her and started to gently trace patterns into her back. "What's up?" I ask quietly and she groans again in response. "I don't speak groan," I say and she laughs before flipping over. She looks up at the ceiling and shuts her eyes as she taps her fingers against the bed frame. "Hello?" I ask in a teasing tone and I gently tap her forehead. She purses her lips as she tries to fight back a smile and I sigh. I gently lift up her shirt before leaning down to blow a raspberry onto her stomach. 

"That tickled!" She complains so I take advantage and start to attack her sides until she curls into a ball to avoid me. "You win." 

"I wasn't aware we were playing a game." I retort and she rolls her eyes. 

"There's always a game when I'm involved." She smirks at me and I roll my eyes. I stand up and look through the closet to find some clothes. She stands up as well and wraps her arms around my waist. "I miss being close to you." 

"I missed being close to you too," I say and I gently pull away from her arms to hand her a pile of clothes. She turns to start changing and I press my forehead against the wall and take a deep breath. Whenever I struggle to do the most simplest of tasks it pisses me off. I move away from the wall and sit down to start undoing my shoes. That part isn't too bad. The actual changing of the clothes is when things get hard.

"Do you need help?" She offers as she watches me. 

"I can do it," I mumble as I start to undo the button on my pants. I had gotten better at doing this seeing as I had to do it by myself since the two of us were spending a lot of time separated. 

"Are you sure?" She presses as she pulls her own shirt over her head. 

"Uh-huh." I brace myself against the wall and kick the pants the rest of the way off. 

"Normally I'd love to watch you slowly undress but-" 

"Don't start," I warn and she sighs. 

"Stop being stubborn." She walks over and hands me the new pair of pants. "Tell me how you were planning to put these on." 

"I have been laying down on the bed and putting them on with the assistance of gravity," I say and she narrows her eyes. 

"As much as I would love to watch that," She places a hand over my mouth when I try to argue, "I'm helping. I know you said you didn't like people treating you like a piece of glass because of this. But let's be honest... I treat you like a piece of glass without the injury." 

She removes her hand and I glare at her. "You do not treat me like a piece of glass." 

"You think so?" She asks. 

"You attacked me before," I say. 

"We were boxing." She argues. 

"No! Not then. When you completely decked me down the stairs. Remember that?" I tease and she sighs.