Separating

A/N I'm gonna be honest. I did not plan on having around 13 chapters on this vacation... But I think it turned out well! I also wanted to ask for your opinion on the length of this book. I've seen other authors separate their books into multiple when they got long and this is like part 81 I think. I'm not sure what the purpose of splitting it up is, if any of you know, please enlighten me! And if you think it's something I can do I can find a good "ending" point and finish this one and open a new one to continue this. Let me know!

Natasha POV 

Y/N had indeed made me carry her back to the boat. Then back into the house. I couldn't complain, I would do anything for her really. But now we were back in the car, headed back for the airport. When we had locked the door on the island I had felt a pang of sadness that I hadn't expected to feel. So much had happened that I still couldn't wrap my head around all of it. 

My hand was resting on Y/N's as she drove us to our way home. The ride was quiet, both of our minds wandering to wherever they wandered. When we arrived at the airfield the same plane was sitting on the runway. Alex came over and he carried our bags, which were quite a bit lighter. Y/N and I had decided to leave some stuff behind, having it in the plans to come back here. 

Once we were in our seats and Alex had given his amazing 'shortened' version of the safety checks, I had my head on Y/N's shoulder and she was holding my hand. "You doing ok?" She asks me gently. 

"We haven't taken off yet, so for now I'm fine." I watch as she places her laptop onto the table in front of us to turn her attention onto me. 

"Once we get into the air I do have to talk with someone about a project that I have to handle. Is that ok with you?" She asks. 

"Of course. Once we land I have to grab Steve. I don't know when I'll be back." I admit and her face falls a bit. 

"That's alright. You're gonna call me as often as possible though, right?" She asks and I nod my head. 

"Of course. If we go anywhere interesting I'll even bring you back a souvenir."  I promise. 

"My dad would always bring back a stuffed animal whenever he went on a business trip." She says and gives me a sly smile. 

"I'm taking the hint. If I have a chance." I assure her but also grip her hand a bit more, feeling the plane start to move. She places her other hand over mine and smiles at me. 

"You're ok, Nat." She assures me, pecking my lips a few times. I use my free hand to hold her close, keeping our lips connected in a longer kiss. Who knew kissing the woman I loved was a good distraction for take offs? 

Once the plane is level she pulls back with a smile on her lips. "That was a great distraction." I voice my thoughts. 

"Is that all I am?" She jokingly asks. 

"Of course not." I nudge her side and watch as she brings her laptop onto her lap. 

"This shouldn't take long. I just have to clear a shipment to a friend." She explains and I nod, not really understanding all the work she does. 

It's not long before she's on the phone with someone and using her free hand to type in numbers across a spreadsheet. I'm amazed she can find that fun. The mission reports for my job stress me out enough, I wouldn't volunteer to do paperwork and spreadsheets on the daily. 

"Hello, your Highness." Y/N says when the call connects and I raise an eyebrow. I hear faint laughter coming from who I assume to be a male, his laugh is deep and short. "How's your sister?" Y/N asks, and she waits for a response before laughing at whatever he said. "Tell her I miss her too. I've made something that will for sure win our competition next time." She shakes her head at whatever the man says, "She's not better then me! You just have more advanced materials." She waits a few seconds and clears her throat, "Yeah. Of course. Let's go over this one more time-"