Scepter

Y/N POV 

Saying goodbye to my parents was harder than I thought it was going to be. They promised to visit more often and I said I would try to get up here more as well. But seeing as something big might be going on I wasn't sure when that would happen. Wesley was sad to see us go and I smiled when Nat let him hug her. She was tense about it but she survived. 

I had made sure to have Rover book the extra seat in our row this time so I didn't have to sit with a creepy guy. Natasha fell asleep again while we watched a random movie and it didn't take me too long to fall asleep as well. It made the flight shorter so that's all that mattered. What really struck me as being weird was just how strange I felt leaving. The last time I had been there it was easy to leave. But this time? I felt weird... like I was leaving something behind and I couldn't place a finger on it. 

As we landed Nat's hand was tightly holding onto mine and once we got off she let go. Hopefully, that wasn't a sign of my soft Nat leaving. We took a taxi back to my house to grab my car and drop off Nat's 'favorite box'. When she read those things I had to be far away, I did not need to live through that. 

"Can we agree not to break any more of my cars?" I ask and she tilts her head to look at me. "Last time we had a problem you broke two of them." 

"I broke two of them?" She says and I roll my eyes. "Sam broke one. And Steve broke the other."

"I think Steve's friend broke both of them." I remind her. 

"Sam and Steve were the ones driving. I take good care of your cars!" She defends and I sigh. 

"I swear... if me helping you guys gets my car blown up I'm gonna quit." I say and she laughs. 

"That's what it takes? You almost got killed by Loki but your car is what really matters?" She asks and I nod. 

"My car and Rover. All I need in this world." I say and she slaps my arm. 

"I think there's someone else who's pretty important." She says and I purse my lips in thought. 

"True. Steve is pretty important." I tease and she slaps my arm again. "I'm kidding! I couldn't live without you, Baby." I lean to the side to quickly kiss her cheek before sitting up again. 

"That's what I thought." She grins. 

When we get to the gym the front door is wide open and I can see the rest of the team in there. I get out of the car and Nat follows me as we head inside. I knock on the doorframe and they all turn to look at me, "Are we late to the party?" 

"Y/N?" Steve asks. 

"No. I'm John. I'm here to talk to you about your car's extended warranty." I say with a straight face and his eyebrows furrow together as Tony buckles over in laughter. 

"What...?" Steve says and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm being sarcastic! But yes it's me you dumbass." I tease and walk further into the room. Tony stops laughing so he can come over and wrap me in a bear hug. 

"Missed you." He whispers and squeezes me a little tighter. 

"I wasn't gone that long." I pat his back a few times to tell him I need air and he lets go. He awkwardly shuffles to give Nat a handshake and I roll my eyes when she glares at him. "Keep it civil you two." 

"I'm not doing anything!" Tony complains. "She's giving me the evil stare." 

"Nat..." I warn and she turns to look at me, her gaze instantly softening. 

"Sorry." She mumbles and comes to stand by my side. I'm distracted when I'm lifted off the ground a little as Thor wraps his arms around me and hugs me even tighter than Tony did.