Picnic

Y/N POV

We had gotten back fairly late after our day out on the ocean. We had both tumbled into bed, ready to fall asleep the second our heads hit the pillows. Nat had mumbled something about being told off by Jasmine but I didn't have the energy to get into that conversation.

When I woke up I was curled onto Natasha's chest with my arm wrapped tightly around her. Her hand was underneath my shirt, tracing patterns against my chest. I groaned and nuzzled into her a bit more.

"Morning sleepyhead." She whispered and I peeked up at her to see her smiling at me.

"Morning." I muttered before tucking my face back against her.

"What's the plan for today?" She asks, as she puts her phone down to pay attention to me.

"I was thinking, a fancy restaurant with expensive food." I respond and she narrows her eyes.

"Deal. As long as your wallet stays behind." She decides and I shake my head.

"No way. Plus I was thinking of Walter's place. He won't charge me a cent." I explain and she groans.

"You've already done so much during this trip." She complains and I just grin at her.

"Time to get up!" I say instead of giving her a response as I scramble out of bed.

"How do you act all tired and cuddly one moment then leap out of the bed full of energy the next?" Natasha mumbles as she throws the covers off of her, walking over to wrap her arms around me.

"Because I'm a different breed. What do you want to do until dinner?" I grab her hands and kiss her forehead as she thinks.

"How about... We just have a little picnic on the deck?" She asks and I nod excitedly. "But I'm cooking. You are going to take a bubble bath."

"What?" I question and she just pushes me towards the bathroom.

"Just do as I ask, ok?" She pleads and I nod, giving into her antics.

I turn on the water and add the bubble solution before sitting on the side of the tub just watching the water rise and the bubbles form. I wonder what Nat was being so weird about but whatever. When I stood up to get into the water I got even more confused by what I saw outside the window. Nat's red hair was climbing into the boat and I watched as she started the engine. It wasn't long before my phone buzzed and I leaned over to read it;

Tasha: I have to go out and buy some ingredients. Don't leave that bathtub until I come get you.
Y/N: Why are you acting so weird?

I never got a response. I leaned into the water trying not to think about what all of that could mean and where she was going. I mean she did say she needed ingredients. I decided to send one more quick text;

Y/N: Don't crash. I like my boat.
Y/N: Oh! 
Y/N: And I like my girlfriend too.

There was yet again no response from her. How rude.

I sat in the water, just relaxing though part of my mind was wondering what that woman could be up to. Nothing good, I'm sure. I guess there was a small chance of some big romantic gesture but one could never be so sure.

When the bubbles started to fade and the water had been getting colder I heard the boat pull back up to the dock. I peeked out the blinds and saw Nat running up the steps with bags in her hand and her phone stuck between her ear and her shoulder. I heard the front door slam shut then soon after her feet on the stairs. 

She knocked on the bathroom door and I chuckled, "You can come in." She swung the door open and she looked kind of nervous. "Are you ok?" 

"What? Yeah. I'm fine." She rubbed the back of her neck and I raised an eyebrow.