15. Mind Games

You all gathered in the lab. "All our work is gone." Bruce said "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve said.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat said in a more casual outfit now.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodes asked walking across the lab holding his arm.

"Nuclear codes." Maria said from the chair where she was taking out the pieces of glass out of her foot.

"Nuclear codes. Look we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodes stated.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat said.

"He didn't say 'dead.' He said 'extinct.'" Steve said.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint spoke up.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said.

Tony walked to the middle of the room, "Yes, there was." And pulled up a very broken Jarvis.

"What? This is insane." Bruce said putting his hands around the broken sphere.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve said.

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is, rage." Bruce explained.

Thor came stomping towards Tony and when he turned around he held his throat and held him in the air.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Steve tried to calm him down.

"It's going around." Clint unamused joked.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony struggled to say.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor deemed.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve spoke.

Thor dropped Tony still with a hard face on, "Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat spoke.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr. Cho asked from the disassembled bot.

Tony started chuckling from the other side of the room next to Bruce. You all looked at him in question and Bruce just shook his head.

"Really Tony?" You asked. 

"You think this is funny?" Thor said after.

Tony turned around trying to be serious, "No. it's probably not, right? This is very terrible. Is it so..." he starts chuckling again, "is it so... it is. It is so terrible."

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor said as Tony interrupted.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. it is funny." He said walking to Thor, "It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."