11. Friend Turned Foe

You waited outside the main control room with Sam, Steve and Hill while Fury messed with the radio frequency. Sam aimed his gun while You readied yourself as the door opened.

"Excuse us." Steve said walking up and the man put his hands up and let us through.

You all got to the PA system for Cap to make the announcement.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth." He paused, "S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are all hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." He finished the speech.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam joked.

"How don't you have a girlfriend again?" You jokingly asked.

"Well I do spend all my time with you." He smirked.

"Hey, don't go blaming me, I'm just keeping you company." You said smiling.

"They're initiating launch." Maria said from the computer.

We all looked at each other and started running to the launch pad.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked as we got to the tarmac.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve said.

Sam readied his wings when you got to the edge. Steve jumped off and you used your powers to levitate yourself. You followed Sam to get to one of the ships. As you got higher they started to shoot at you so you had to dodge as best you could.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you're talking about." Sam said through the coms.

"You okay?" Steve asked worried.

"We're not dead yet." He said while we dodged.
You went low while he went high.

"Falcon, l/n, status?" Maria asked through coms.

"Engaging." Sam said.

"About to land now." You said.

You used your powers to break through the glass of it. You landed on the runway walking up to type in the code and place a chip. You took one out and replaced it with the one you had.

"Alpha lock." You said through the coms and turned around and saw Steve. "Let's move."

"Falcon, where are you now?" Maria asked.

"Had to take a quick detour." Sam said back frantically.

Soon after he answered again, "I'm in." He placed his chip. "Bravo lock."