56. Grief

You all got ready in your living room and you set your computer up that had a picture of the base on it. You held onto their arms and focused on the picture then closed your eyes and pictured it in your head. You teleported the three of you to right in front of the doors of the base.

Wanda went in first while you and Pietro followed. You looked around at the large facility and saw large screens showing family's being reunited.

She walked up to he desk and you and Pietro stood on either side of her.

"I know you have him." Wanda said after asking to see Visions body.

"I'm sorry, but like I said..." the desk clerk said.

"Please, please. When I came back, he was gone. His body. And I know he's here. He deserves a funeral, at least. I deserve it." She pleaded.

The phone next to him rang and he answered it, "Yes, sir. Yeah, she's still here. Are you sure." He said. You and Wanda laughed humorlessly and looked up at the camera and tilted your heads slightly. He put the phone down and you looked back at him with stone faces. "Through the doors. Down the hall. Two lefts and a right."

You all started walking to the door. "One moment. I have to buzz you in." He said frantically.

"We got it! Thanks." Wanda said then you both sent a blast at the door mixing the two making purple magic appear and walked through. You walked down the hallways as instructed then came up to the door.

Wanda used her mind to unlock the door and she went in and you and Pietro followed.

"Wanda, Pietro Maximoff and y/n l/n? It's an honor to meet you. Truly." The man said.

You looked at him with furrowed brows knowing who he was. "Who are you?" Wanda asked as he walked up to the group.

"Director Tyler Hayward. I understand you're here to see the Vision, to recover the body, that is, is that right?" He asked.

"Well, I'm his next of kin." Wanda explained.

"I understand. I'd like to show you something." Hayward said.

"And then you'll give him to us?" She asked.

He looked at her with a fake sad face "Please, just come with me." He then walked to a door to another room.

You all walked up to the glass confused and looked down and saw Vision pulled apart still with the hole in his head. "What is this? Why are you showing us this?" Wanda asked and turned to look at him. You turned too and looked at him angrily and crossed your arms. Pietro took a protective stance in front of you both and stared him down.

"Because you asked to see it." He said.

She turned back around and you looked out of the window as they dismembered him more and sawed through him. "Stop... Stop. Stop it!" She stammered as they soothed out his head with a device. "What. What are you doing to him?" She asked with tears in her eyes turning around.

"We are dismantling the most sophisticated, sentient weapon ever made." He said and you got even more angry.

"But Vision's not a weapon. You can't do this." She said.