54. Endgame

This will probably be the longest chapter I will ever do. Lol

^^^

You, Bruce, Tony, Steve, Clint, Thor and Pietro were all on the dock outside of the compound mourning the loss you were all going through. You were so excited to have the stones and get everyone back but you were also absolutely devastated after losing Natasha.

You were leaning on the pole beside Clint looking at the ground with tears going down your face with occasional quiet sniffles. Pietro came up next to you and rubbed your back trying to comfort you.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked.

You and Clint looked at each other knowingly.
"Yeah. Us." Steve answered sadly.

"What?" Thor asked angrily. Tony hummed in response. "What are you doing?"

"Just asked him a question." Tony said gently.

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? Y/n wipe your tears, she's not gone." He said to you and you turned away from him and faced the lake trying your hardest but failing at holding back your tears. Pietro put his arms around you protectively and you leaned against him. "So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together."
Thor said through his teeth.

"Can't get her back." Clint said.

"What's he... what?" Thor asked.

"It can't be undone. It can't." Clint responded sadly.

Thor laughed, "Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she's still isn't here, is she?" Clint said.

"No, that's my point." Thor said.

"It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him." Clint yelled. "It was supposed to be me." You put your hand in his shoulder and he grabbed it. "She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it."

Bruce yelled and picked up the bench and threw it across the lake. "She not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to." He said sadly.

Steve stood from his spot with a new determination, "We will."

^^^

You, Tony, Bruce and Rocket were watching as Tony tried to place the stones in the nanotech glove he had made. He moved all of the stones to the glove  as it made slots for each stone to fit into. They fell into place and you all looked at it with wide eyes.

"Boom!" Rocket screamed and you all jumped as he chuckled mischievously.

You moved it out to the lab everyone was gathered in as Rocket and Tony placed it in a sort of containment device.

"All right, the gloves ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" Rocket asked.

"I'll do it." Thor said walking closer.