47. What Now?

Rhodey brought you and all the remaining Avengers back to the compound to try and reconvene and gave everyone there old rooms back. Your room was completely untouched but perfectly well kept from the last time you had been there.

You decided you wanted to take a bath so you started it up and slipped off your clothes. You looked at yourself in the mirror and saw a massive scar from where Thanos had plunged the blade into your side with bruises all over your skin. You touched it and looked at it disgusted. You got into the bath a turned off the water and sunk into it with your chin just above the surface.

'This wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to help them, I was supposed to fix things before they became broken. I completely failed.' You thought to yourself.

You then held your breath and went underwater. You thought about every single soul lost to the blip that you could have saved. It was completely your fault they didn't make it.

'It's not your fault.' You heard a female's voice and immediately opened your eyes gasping for air as you looked around and saw you weren't in your tub anymore and completely dressed.

"Who said that." You asked out loud. "Where am I." You asked confused.

"It's me sweetheart." You heard the voice say from behind you.

You turned around and your eyes widened. "Mom?" You asked confused.

"I'm right here. I told you I'd always be around." She said.

Your eyes started watering and she opened her arms and you slowly stepped forward and she brought you into a tight hug. You hugged her back and sunk into her feeling completely relaxed. "Mom." You whispered sadly.

"My dear, you were brought here to do exactly what you've been doing. Living your life, I wish you could have been here the whole time. What happened to you in that other reality was horrific and you shouldn't have gone through that. No matter what you did, this would have always happened, you cannot change everything, but you can change what you do while you go through these emotions." She assured.

You pulled back and looked at her. She pulled back your hair and tucked it behind you ear. "I wish you were really here." You said with a sob.

"Me too." She said holding your cheek. "You have to hold your head up high." She said tilting your chin up with a smile. "And stand up tall. You have to be strong, not for anyone else but for yourself." She said.

"I'm not strong. I wasn't even able to keep Thanos away." You said sadly.

"Hey, my daughter is the strongest being in this universe. You did the best you could." She said then looked around sadly. "I have to go. Please be strong my dear. If not for you for me. I love you, y/n." She said holding you again.

"I love you too mom." You whispered and held her tightly closing your eyes.

You opened your eyes underwater and jumped out gasping for air. You sat there and held your legs to your chest and just cried letting all of your emotions out without losing control of your powers.

Nat opened the door to your bathroom and looked at you with a sad smile. You looked at her with tears in your eyes and she got the towel from the counter and you stood up as she wrapped it around you.