16. Cradle

You and the team were all still a little out of it while Clint was flying the jet. You were curled up in your seat between a distraught Nat and a deep thinking Steve.

"The news is loving you guys." Hill said through the radio. "Nobody else is. How's the team?"

"Everyone's... We took a hit. We'll shake it off." Tony said.

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode. And stay away from here." She said.

"So, run and hide?" He asked.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." She said.

"Neither do we." He said and then ended the call.
He walked over to Clint, "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out." He said.

"Where?" Tony asked.

"A safe house." Clint said back.

You had a small smile excited to see the kids and a very pregnant Laura.

^^^

You landed a few hours later, in a field by the house. You helped Clint walk Nat in while the others followed.

"What is this place." Thor asked as we went up to the porch.

"Safe house." Tony answered.

"Let's hope." Clint said opening the door.

Then lead the group to the living room. "Honey? I'm home." Clint called out looking towards the kitchen.
Laura came around the corner with some papers and markers in hand a bit confused. "Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." He said walking up to her and gave her a kiss and a hug hello.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony said.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura." He introduced.

She waved, "I know all your names." She chuckled.

"Ooh, incoming." He said as his two kids came in.

"Dad!" They said exclaimed.

"Hi, sweetheart. Hey buddy" He said as Lila jumped in his arms and kissed his sons head.

The rest looked on confused. "These are smaller agents." Tony said trying to believe it himself.

"Look at your face! Oh my goodness." Clint said setting her back down.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie y/n?" She asked innocently.

"Well why don't you hug us to find out?" Nat said as you both walked closer.

Lila jumped in your arms and Nat went up to cooper and ruffled his hair while he smiled shyly.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said sincerely.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony said.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way." Clint said with his arms around Cooper and Laura. "I figured it's a good place to lay low."