4. Trying

"Alright, get him on his feet. We can all stand around here posing up a storm later. By the way feel free to clean up." Tony said walking away and breaking up the stare down.

You kept your eyes on him for a little while longer while conversations happened around you. You know exactly what happened to him in this room and had a ping of guilt ripple through your heart.

You sighed and saw tissues not far and walked over to get some to try and help some of his wounds. You kneeled down and held up your hand to make sure it was okay. He leaned forward for you to make it easier.

"I'm glad to see you are well." Loki said as you worked on his forehead.

"No thanks to you, I know your weren't in your right mind, and that you weren't aiming for me but I'm happier that I got hurt instead of you killing another innocent person." You said only looking at the wound.

"They did not tell you?" He asked. You stopped working a looked at him. "I still did kill him, but you just got hurt in the process." He looked down guilty that he was the one who had to tell you, not that he had killed someone.

You looked at him with anger and stopped treating his wounds and stood up, Thor came to your side and put hand cuffs on him and made him stand up bring into him closer to the elevator with hulk right behind him.

You didn't pay attention to what was happening and had tears burning the corner of your eyes just looking at the bloodied tissue still in hand. Nat tapped your shoulder and you quickly put your sadness away and looked at her with a smile.

"What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing, just starting to feel the pain." You said with a laugh.

She smiled at you, "Sorry to say but it only gets worse." She slugged her arm around your shoulders, "We gotta help with search and rescue, then headed to get some shawarma." She squeezed your shoulders and guided you to the doors.

You helped Cap with search and rescue with Clint and Natasha, you hadn't gotten another Power serge but you couldn't tell if that made you happy or more scared of what you could possibly do.

After you finished the team gathered at the shawarma shop together, you didn't realize how hungry you were, it wasn't half bad either. Everyone around the table looked somewhat disheveled and tired.

After showers and putting in fresher clothes, the team met up again outside of Central Park to send off Loki and Thor. As Tony put the Tesseract in the machine that will help them get back to Asgard, you saw the look on Steves face and went over to him to put her hand in his shoulder, he looked at you and you smiled, he then followed.

Steve went over to shake hands with Tony while you followed Nat over to the car to give Bruce his bag after the brothers left.

"Where are you headed?" She questioned you.

"Well Steve said he has a spare room I can use for a little while, hopefully get trained by you..." you added at the end as more of a question.

She gave you a hug and you immediately returned it, "I'd be honored to train you, you got some good basic skills, maybe we can go to a few dance classes too." She winked as you both pulled away from the hug.