77. Commn Ground

*🌶*

You got back to your place and ran to your bathroom, "Buck, get her on the couch." You yelled and he did so as you opened the bottom cupboard and got out the large first aid kit you kept.

You ran out to the couch and crouched in front of her opening the box. "Get me some paper towels." You instructed Bucky and he ran to the kitchen. "I'll get you another shirt, but this one's going in the trash." You said taking it off of her slowly. "Okay, let me see if there's an exit wound." You stood up and looked to her back not seeing one. "Okay, this might be a little more painful. Buck!" You yelled laying her on the couch and she groaned in pain.

He came in quickly and handed you the paper towels along with putting a towel beside her to keep the blood from the couch. "I need more light. Bring the lamp from the spare room and plug it in to that outlet. Put it right beside me." You instructed Bucky and he did so with no hesitation.

You kneeled in the floor beside her stomach where she still held her hands and got the tweezers out and grabbed the shirt ripping the bloodied part off. "It's still in you. Bite down on this." You said and put it between her teeth as Bucky came back turning on the lamp and made sure it was lighting up the area you needed to work with. "I'm sorry in advance." You said and leaned over her stomach and started digging for the bullet.

She yelled in pain but it was muffled by the shirt. You found the bullet and pulled it out and looked to make sure there wasn't any shrapnel. You didn't find any and put the tweezers down. "Hard parts done." You said taking the shirt out of her mouth. "Hey Buck, can you get some of the pain relief pills out of the cupboard in the bathroom?" You asked getting the needle ready to stitch her up.

He nodded his head and walked to the bathroom patting your head softly as he walked by. You cleaned up the wound with the alcohol and paper towels and started stitching up the wound. "I don't have any blood to give you a transfusion but I don't think you lost enough to have one anyway." You said almost done.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do this." She said.

"Eh, I'd rather not lose another person, even if we weren't close, we've been through some shit together." You said with smile and she gave you one back. "I also might know a little more than I led on." You said with a smirk and she looked at you with furrowed eyebrows.

You chuckled, "Don't worry, secrets safe with me, PB." You said looking at her and she slid her tongue over her teeth. "You gave me a few jobs during the blip, I was gonna find out at some point." You explained and she chuckled.

"You're smarter than you're own good. Do they know?" She asked and you shook your head.

"Not my secret to tell, and a few of those jobs, I'd like to keep off the books." You said finishing the stitches and looked taker seriously.

"Not my secret to tell." She used your words back and you and you smiled at each other.

"I didn't know which one you meant, so I grabbed the three kinds you had along with a stronger pain killer." Bucky said walking back out.

"Thank you." You said as he handed them to you. "It's your pick, I'm guessing you want the stronger one though?" You asked holding up the bottle and she nodded quickly. You giggled and handed them to her putting the others on the coffee table and started to clean up the mess.