24. Civil War

Steve drove up the car park of the airport and parked a few spaces away from a white van. You all filed out of the car and Clint came around from the other side.

"Cap." He greeted.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." He said shaking his hand.

"Wanda!" You yelled and jumped at her into a hug.

She laughed, "It's good to see you too. It was really weird the connection kept getting weaker. I'm glad you're okay." She gave a squeeze. You pulled back and faced the group still standing next to Wanda and put your elbow on her shoulder and her arm was around your waist.

"You're doing me a favor." Clint said back to Steve.

Steve looked to Wanda, "Thanks for having my back."

"It was time to get off my ass." She then looked back at Bucky and noticed him staring at you then looked at you with a raised eyebrow. You looked everywhere but the two of them.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked.

"He's raring to go." Clint said opening the back of the van. "Had to put a little coffee in him... but he should be good."

Scott climbed out of the back, "What time zone is this?" He asked Clint then his eyes went wide when he saw Steve. "Captain America!" He said and shook his hand.

"Mr. Lang." Steve greeted.

"Jack from Baskin-Robbins." You said, Wanda started to giggle knowing it was the guy on the video you showed her who kicked Sam's ass. Sam glared at the two of you.

You looked over to Bucky and caught him staring and you both immediately looked away both red in the face.

Wanda looked at you with a smile and wide eyes, 'That's the European guy who was giving you butterflies!" She said to you telepathically.

You whipped your head to her and got even more red. 'I thought you forgot about him?"

She just started to giggle. 'You're the one who never talked about him so I just never brought him up again. He isn't even European." She stated.

"I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America. I know you, too. You're great!" Scott said letting go of Caps hand and turning to you and Wanda. You both just smiled at him. He looked back at Cap and then squeezed his shoulders for a second, "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... Thanks for thanking of me." He fumbled. Steve just smiled at him. "Hey, man!" He said to Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" He greeted.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..." you and Wanda started giggling.

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again." He said with a chuckle.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Scott answered as a question.

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve warned.