62. Shield

It's been six months since Steve left and gave Sam the shield. You've kept in contact with him after the Hex, he was worried about you and Wanda. You visited Pepper and Morgan every Sunday for dinners. You helped her make a few organizations that help people who are going through hard times post everyone coming back again.

You still try to help out around the world as much as you can, especially with what Tony left you.

You were walking out of the cafe down the street from your apartment after your monthly meet up with Wanda. You put your head phones in and played your music as you walked back to your apartment to get ready to go to Washington D.C. to support Sam giving the shield to the museum.

You decided to order some Sushi from your favorite place Izzy, that was just a few blocks away and noticed the clouds in the sky started to form. You put your hood up once you heard thunder and felt some drops and picked up your pace.

It started pouring down rain as you got closer so you rushed inside. It was pretty busy but there was a space for you to walk up next to an older gentleman who was sitting at the counter.

Leah looked up at you and smiled as you got closer. "My favorite customer." She said leaning on the counter. You took your jacket off and sat at the stool.

"I thought we were your favorite customers." The man said from next to you. You both looked at him with a smile. You noticed the man next to him was looking away but he looked familiar somehow.

"I can have more than two, Yori." She relied.

"My favorite sushi girl." You laughed. "I put in an order but I got here pretty quickly."

"Not quick enough to beat the rain, I see." She laughed looking at your soaked hair. "I'll check to see if it's ready." She went to the back.

"I hope you don't live too far, it's still pouring rain." Yori said.

"I'll be fine, I needed a shower anyway." You joked and he laughed at you, you heard a chuckle from the man next to him and it sounded familiar.

You tried to see who it was but he was turned away, "Order is ready." Leah said coming out and interrupted your train of thought. You gave her a smile as she handed you the bag.

"Thank you, it'll be a perfect meal before I go." You said getting up from the stool and putting on your still wet coat.

"Where you headed?" She asked.

"Well first D.C. then I'll be headed to Louisiana." You informed and put your hood up again.

"Well safe travels, hopefully this storm let's up soon." She said.

"Yeah, I hope so too." You said and started walking out.

You tripped almost falling over and an arm reached out holding you up, you grabbed onto it and stood up straight, "I'm so sorry, thank you." You said and realized it was the man who was turned away.

He waved it off like it wasn't a big deal but didn't say anything. And you still couldn't see his face.
"He's not a big talker." Yori said.

You laughed, "That's okay, less words the better sometimes." You headed out the door and looked back and only saw a slight glimpse of the man before you were out in the street again.