10. Chips

(Bit of a shorter chapter, sorry.)

You were sat across Nat and Sam and sat on the right of Steve. They had put some sort of power dampening cuffs on you which made healing much slower. You felt like you were gonna pass out from the blood loss but tried to keep strong.

"It was him." Steve whispered, you looked at him heartbroken. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 yeas ago." Sam asked.

"Zola, Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experienced on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." He realized, "They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat interrupted.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." He paused and looked at you, he realized you were spacing out almost falling over and the blood on your shoulder than looked to your leg to see the same thing.

Sam noticed Nat then you too, "We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put more pressure on these wounds, they're gonna bleed out here in the truck."

One of the guards held up an electric rod to Sam which made him jump then turned it to hit their partner then kicked him across the face and the guard fell to the floor.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Said Maria as she took the hemet off. "Who's this guy?" She asked looking at Sam.

"Maria, yay, I'm gonna go ta..." you spoke drunkly and didn't finish your sentence before passing out nearly falling on the ground but Sam reached over and held you up.

^^^

You woke up as the van came to a stop with a jerk but was held back by two pairs of hands. You adjusted your eyes as the door opened and was picked up by Steve.

"I'm not a baby I can walk." You said folding your arms with a frown.

"Cute of you to think you're anything but." Steve said with a smirk. You looked up at him and tried to make an angrier face but failed and then just leaned into his shoulder.

Maria opened the door to the safe house. Steve carried you through the halls and you saw someone running up to you.

"Nat lost at least a pint, and y/n lost almost two." Maria explained.

"Let me take um," the doctor said.

"They'll want to see him first." Maria said.

She took you further in and through some plastic that was hung up to see Fury laying in a hospital bed alive as ever.

"About damn time." Fury said when he saw the group.

The doctor worked on you first, thankfully you were able to start healing faster once the power dampeners were off but needed to get a blood transfusion.

He started working on Nat once the IV was in your arm. Fury started to name every injury that he had endured.

You had zoned out, but got back to the conversation after the doctor had spoke.