49. Hope?

It's been 23 days since the snap. You went to check in on Clint again after Rhodes was able to get the government to clear everyone's names again. You went over to his house with Pietro and found he wasn't there, but he had left a note saying he'd reach out, he just needed to do some 'business'.

You tried to keep yourself busy by keeping others happy. Thor wasn't around much but when he was you were able to get a few chuckles out of him. All you had to do right now was wait till Tony and Carol got back.

You were looking in the mirror after a shower looking at your stomach again. You talked to Bruce he did an ultrasound to see if there was something wrong. He didn't find anything but saw there was some damage to your kidney but it was healing itself almost completely already.

You were just in your sweatpants and a sports bra after your shower when you noticed Bucky's chains were shaking on the counter. You furrowed your eyebrows then put them on and left the bathroom, grabbing a shirt and quickly putting it on. You rushed out of your room and saw Steve rushing by with Natasha.

"What's going on?" You asked catching up to them.

"When did you shave?" You asked when you noticed Steve's clean shaven face.

"Not sure, and that's really your next question?" Steve sassed.

You shrugged and a blue blur came up next to you.
"Is she back?" He asked.

Your eyes widened and you and Steve looked at each other and you all picked up your pace.

You made it out to the lawn and saw the Benatar being flown to the ground by Captain Marvel. You walked up to Pepper and put your hands in her shoulder reassuringly and gave her a small smile that she returned and held onto one of your hands on her shoulder.

The gate opened and Nebula was helping Tony down the stairs and Cap ran up to them to help him down. They stopped at the end of the stairs and talked a bit.
You and Pepper rushed up to them.

"Oh, good." Tony whispered when he saw both of you.

"Oh, my God!" Pepper said then brought him into a hug and cried into his shoulder.

He held out his arm to you and pulled you into the hug as well and Pepper put her arm around you. You held him and let a few stray tears fall down.

You all pulled back and Tony kissed Peppers cheek then your temple. "It's okay." He assured and you both and Pepper helped him walk to the building with Steve close by.

The team met up in the living room after Bruce gave Tony an IV and you and Pepper made him some soup.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodes started.

You were between Cap and Pietro watching the holograms go by of the vanished and one of the first ones to pop up was Bucky, another one Sam and the next Wanda. You looked down trying to cover the tears that started to well up in your eyes and felt a hand start rubbing your back soothingly and looked up to Pietro with a sad smile and he gave you the same.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working, are trying to take a census and it looks like he did it." Nat said, a hologram of Peter Parker popped up right in front of Tony and he looked away sadly. "He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out, 50% of all living creatures."