27. Cryo

You woke up the next morning with a little more spring to your step and got ready for the day. You put on a pair of leggings, a tank top and your brown flannel and headed downstairs for breakfast. You took one stair at a time just in case your leg wasn't fully healed.

"Y/n, you should have called for me." You heard Steve say from the kitchen. Your eyes widened thinking he was talking about the nightmare last night. "I could have carried you down. You shouldn't be on your leg too much till you see the doctor." You sighed in relief.

You reached the bottom of the stairs and walked into the kitchen. "Stevie, I'm fine. It's feeling better already." You got to the cupboard and pulled out a box of Captain Crunch.

You set it on the counter then turned back around to reach for the bowls then grabbed the milk out of the fridge. You pored the bowl and looked up to see a half awake Bucky walk into the kitchen. You gave a smile when he looked your way and he gave one back with a blush.

"Shuri said she has everything ready for you Buck. After breakfast we'll head over." Steve said taking the cereal box and pouring his own bowl.

You sat on a stool at the kitchen island and took a bite of cereal. "Sounds good." Bucky replied sitting next to you on the other stool. Steve sat on your other side and pushed a cup of coffee of to Bucky who excepted it great fully with a small smile.

You didn't really know what to say or do. Since that was your first kiss, you didn't know if it was weird to act like everything was normal, or act like everything has changed. You were almost finished with your cereal when Steve spoke up.

"By the way, if the doctor gives the okay. We're gonna go on a mission to get the team off of the raft tonight." He said taking a sip of his coffee.

You took one last spoonful then dropped your spoon into the bowl. "Well, then I guess I should get to the doc now, so I have some more time with Shuri before we go." You said walking over to the sink to wash the bowl. "Maybe we can ask if they can stay here with us for a bit. Unless you already had something planned?" You said turning off the sink.

"No, no, I'll talk to T'Challa about it." He said.

"Perfect, well, I'll see you guys over there." You walked over to Steve and kissed his temple then walked over to Bucky and kissed his cheek, which made both of you go red, and headed out, not wanting to possibly embarrass yourself for misinterpreting last nights encounter.

You didn't know if he just needed it after such a long time, or if he really meant it, either way, you didn't know how to deal with these things.

"Ah, here she comes, looking better already. Up on the bed for me to examine it." The doctor said as you came through the door.

You smiled and hopped up on the bed and pulled up your pant leg. You had unwrapped it last night since you had taken a bath and didn't bother putting it back on.

She put pressure on a few spots to see if there was pain anywhere then started taking off her gloves.
"Just as before. You are perfectly healthy now, if not more." She said taking off the gloves. "Shuri told me she's in her lab waiting for your arrival."

"Thank you." You said pulling your legging back down and hopped off the bed and made your way to the lab.

You walked in a saw a tube like thing in the middle and a gurney beside it.