22. Trigger Words

You were in the back of the van next to Sam, still in your new choker, now in Berlin. Steve was one row ahead of you and T'Challa was a row in from of him. You kept trying to tug on the collar or make it more comfortable around your neck but it didn't budge.

You tried to use your powers but they died down and the collar stung you slightly. You gave up and looked out of the window annoyed.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked. You whipped your head to him and smacked him on the shoulder with one of your now free hands.

"Sam." Steve said.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, and you don't want to know more?" He said.

There was a pause. "Your suit... It's vibranium?" Steve asked.

T'Challa paused and looked back slightly with a side eye, "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed down from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Steve just stared ahead, you wanted to say something but you bit your tong and looked back out of the window. You didn't want to come off as disrespectful.

The car parked inside a facility and you filed out of the car. You and Steve looked back as they unloaded Bucky from another truck in a cage. He looked at you sadly then looked away. You followed Steve and walked next to Sam up to Sharon and a man.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked as you approached.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man said.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced.

"What about a lawyer? I was with him, I'm his alibi." You stated.

"A Lawyer. That's funny. And as an alibi that just makes you look guilty too. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." The man said.

You saw someone carrying your bag and you went to reach for it but Sam stoped you. "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." He held your wrist and you just looked longingly at the bag as he led the group following Ross and Sharon.

"My box is in there." You whispered sadly.

Sam looked at you at you and had a sad smile, "I'm sorry n/n, we'll get it back. I promise."

You walked through a hallway with agents covering all your sides. You kept trying to adjust the collar but it did nothing yet again.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross said.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'challa said.

Nat walked up beside Steve. "For the record, this is the what making things worse looked like." She then looked at you and became confused.

"He's alive." Steve said.

The group walked into a room with monitors all around the walls and a glass office in the middle. Tony was in front of it on the phone. "No, Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." He's said.