9. Bucky?

You woke up as Steve parked the car. You tried to walk normally but we're still pretty weak. Natasha help you up as you walked to the from steps following Steve. He knocked in the door and Sam opens up the blinds to revel a very disheveled bunch of people and opens the door.

"Hey man." He tried to act like everything was normal.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve pleaded.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat said.

Sam looked at all of you concerned, "Not everyone." Sam let you all in and closed the door and the blinds back up.

They let you shower first, the warm water felt so good. You tried not to take too long and washed your hair and body as quickly as you could. You got out thankful that you brought two extra pairs of clothes for you, Nat and Steve too.

You put on your shirt and sweatpants and put a flannel over top and made your way to the kitchen while the other too washed up next. You saw Sam cooking and went over to the kitchen island.

"What's cooking good looking." You smiled and he turned around with a smirk.

"Well, you seem different from when I first met you." He said smirking at you.

You blushed embarrassed, "It was a different environment I didn't want to impose." You said looking at your hands.

"You might not be in the military, but you go on missions all the same. People have different trauma, don't feel like yours is less than those around you. You can't compare those things." He said as he finished up some eggs and toast and plated them.

"Some wise words for a bird-man." You giggled and he handed you the plate with a smile and raised eyebrows. "You'll get to know, I know things not everyone quite does yet." You said taking the fork and putting a mouthful in humming contently at the fact you finally have some food in your mouth. You ate pretty quickly not realizing how hungry you had been.

"Dang, you still hungry? Want some fruit?" He asked with a laugh.

"If you got it I'd love some." You said with wide eyes excited for more food. You did a little dance as he handed you a fruit bowl and a new fork. He went to the room the other two were in to let them know the food was ready.

They came out and ate, then started to try to make a game plan.

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat asked.

"Pierce." You and Steve said at the same time.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat added pacing.

"But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve stated.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat realized.

"So the question is how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

Sam walked over and set down some manila folders in front of Steve. "The answer is, you don't."

"What is this?" Steve asked sitting up in his seat.