53. Time Heist

After you gave them all the information of what happened, you were headed to a brainstorming session with everyone about where and when to get the stones.

A blue blur went past and stood in front of you.
"Hey, can I talk to you before we go in?" Pietro asked.

"Sure." You nodded your head and looked down.

"Listen, I'm really sorry. What I said last night, I didn't mean it. I was tired and missing Wanda a lot. I thought you didn't care, but then I realized you probably care more about this than anyone else here." He apologized.

You looked up at him and sighed, "It's all I've been thinking about since I watched Bucky turn to dust. I didn't want to get your hopes up, so I didn't tell you about mine and Tony's design. I'm sorry too." You apologized. "Now let's get our family back." You said and grabbed his arm walking to the meeting room.

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where." Steve said as all the projectors showed each stone on the screen. "Almost everyone on this room has had an encounter, with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter,' for 'damn near been killed,' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony said as they both spoke in the front of the room.

"Well, I haven't, but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce explained.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots, to just drop in, yeah?" Tony continued.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint said.

"Correct." Tony said pointing his finger at him.

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked.

You all looked at Thor who was sat in the corner with his glasses on, beer in one hand and one on his stomach. "Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodes joked.

You bumped Thors leg with your foot and he started awake. You rolled your eyes and looked at him sadly. He got out of the chair and went to the front as the reality stone was shown on the screen.

"Uh, where to start? Um. The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before." He said and pointed at Steve who narrowed his eyes. "Um, it's more of an angry sludge fort of a thing, so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that." He said putting eye drops in. "Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh. Scary beings. So, Jane, actually." He said then turned the screen to a picture of her. "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time, and then the Aether stuck itself inside her, and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. And I got to introduce her to my mother, who is dead and. Oh, you know Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so. Yes, these things happen though. Do you know? Nothing last forever. The only thing that..." he started to get emotional and Tony went up to him.