44. Children of Thanos

You were hidden with Hulk after the massacre to those who weren't able to flee. Loki was the last one standing as Thanos dragged Thor closer.

He held the gauntlet up with the power stone glowing then held Thor's head. "The Tesseract. Or your brothers head. I assume you have a preference." Thanos said to Loki.

"Oh, I do. Kill away." Loki said.

Thanos was surprised at first but then put the power stone to Thors temple. Thor screamed in pain as the purple energy sent cracks down his face. Loki had a smile that was quickly wiped away and replaced with fear.

"All right, stop!" He yelled. Thanos stopped quickly.

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard." Thor said. Loki looked truly sorry then held out his hand the the Tesseract appeared. "You really are the worst brother."

Loki stepped closer holding the Tesseract out to Thanos. "I assure you, brother. The sun will shine on us again."

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos said.

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian." Loki corrected. "And for another, we have a Hulk." He said then Hulk ran up to Thanos from your hiding spot and Loki covered Thor.

You ran over to the brothers and helped them up as Hulk was beginning to loose the fight. Hulk fell to the ground and Thor charged at Thanos but was quickly knocked down and tied with metal. You teleported yourself over to Hulk trying to wake him up.

"Allfathers, let the dark magic flow through me one last time." Heimdal said and the Bifrost suddenly scooped you and Hulk up into the air.

You held onto Hulk trying not to fly to far away from him as the Bifrost carried you through the cosmos. You fell through the skylight of the Sanctum Sanctorum in New York, and through the grand staircase.

You got off of Hulk who was slowly turning back into banner with a groan and looked up to see the two familiar faces of Doctor Stephen Strange and Wong.
"Thanos is coming. He's coming." Bruce said.

"Who?" Stephen asked.

They helped you out of the hole and gave Bruce clothes to change into. You told them about what was going on and who was coming.

"We need to talk to Tony. He should be in Central Park right about now with Pepper." You said limping to a chair. You looked down at your leg and didn't realize it was cut. Stephen noticed too and started using his magic to suture it.

"This might not be the best way to do this, but I feel like we're trying to move quickly. How do you know they're in Central Park?" He asked.

"Did they not tell you about me?" You asked and looked up at Wong.

"Look kid, everyone's special but there's a lot I have to do as Sorcerer Supreme." He said finishing the cut.

"Look, I just know. Trust me." You said trying to stay humble unlike him.

He looked to Wong who nodded his head and he sighed looking back at you. "And if he's not?" He asked sternly.

"He'll be there." You said. "Wong, you got a sling ring I can use?" You asked standing up walk over to him.

"You don't even need one." He said with a laugh.