73. The Boat

You spent the whole day playing with Morgan and went home after you put her to bed. You got back home and ordered yourself some take out and watched movies till you got tired.

You threw the boxes in the trash and walked into your room. As you changed into shorts and one of Tony's old band t-shirts you looked in the mirror and began to think about what Walker had said about it being your fault Tony died. You wished things could be different, you wished you were the one who grabbed the gauntlet. You wished Morgan had a father to grow up with.

^^^

You woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. You texted Sarah and Sam to let them know you'd be there in a few hours.

You changed into a pair of your baggy overalls with a thin white long sleeved shirt under it and put your blue converse on. You put your hair up in a clip and grabbed your bag and put it on your back and teleported to the dock.

You saw tons of people working on the boat and smiled as you spotted Sarah. She ran over to you quickly with a smile and brought you into a big hug and you hugged her back giggling.

"You miss me that much?" You asked.

"Yes, and you'll be tons of help here. Thanks for coming." She said pulling back.

"It's the least I can do for my family. Speaking of..." you said and took your bag off and grabbed an envelope out of it and handed it to her. "It's not much but It's definitely enough to get some new parts." You said.

She shook her head, "No way can I take this. You've already done so much for us already. I owe you for that emergency cash the other day too." She tried to hand it back to you.

"Not taking it back. All yours, don't spend it all in one place, or do." You said holding your hands up.

A pipe bursted on the boat grabbing both of your attentions and you ran over. "Sam!" Sarah called.

You saw Bucky and Sam standing by a truck and gave a small smile to Bucky as Sam went into the boat to fix it. "Hi." He said and walked into the boat.

"Hi." You said back and Sarah bumped your shoulder and mouthed, 'he's cute,' and you rolled your eyes.

"Hold on, hold on." Bucky said and made Sam step out of the way. "You gotta go up." He said and used the tool with his right hand and made it stop.

"Why didn't you use the metal arm?" Sam asked.

"Well... I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right handed." He said looking at his left hand then looked around the boat. "So, this is the boat, huh?"

"This is it." Sam said.

"It's nice. Want any help?" Bucky asked.

You jumped down to the boat in front of them. "Helps here." You said with a smile and he smiled back Sam looked between the two of you and smirked rolling his eyes and went to the front.

"Hey, y/n. I want you to meet our cousin, Gina." Sarah called and you turned around to see and beautiful black woman walking up to the boat with Sarah with a large smile.

"It's so good to meet you, I'm a huge fan of the Avengers." She said and held out her hand for you to shake.

You shook her hand and smiled at her nervously, "It's good to meet you too, and thank you." You couldn't get over how awkward you were.