28. Jail Break

"What the hell?" You said getting out of your seat.

"What? You're usually happy to see me Princessa." Pietro said with a sly smile.

You walked up to him with furrowed eyebrows and smacked him across the face.

"Okay I deserve that." He said.

"Yeah ya do." You said with tears in your eyes then crushed him into a hug. "I hate you." You said with a tear rolling down your face.

He held you back. "Yeah, I hate you too." He said sarcastically but gently.

"Thanks for reaching out." Steve said as he came up behind you and you pulled away from the hug and rubbed your eyes as they shook hands.

"Of course, I guess I just chose the wrong side." He said sadly. "I immediately knew when I saw them clamp that collar around Wanda's neck."

"Well, it won't be on there for long." Steve said.

He got back to the pilot seat and started towards the raft. You and Pietro sat at the small table across from each other in the back.

"So, what happened?" You asked.

"Well, after they got captured, Nat went on the run, Rhodey was back at the compound doing physical therapy on his legs, which he's doing fine by the way." He said after you were about to say something then you relaxed a bit. "A few days later, they wanted to take me in too. Since they felt I would try to break my sister out. Which they weren't wrong, but still it's not the point." He said and you chuckled. "They also felt like I was too dangerous, because of my abilities. So I ran, I went to the memorial they set up for Sokovia, last time we went was with Vision and Wanda." He said with a reminiscing smile.

"We can go back again one day." You said and put your hand on his reassuringly.

He smiled at you and held your hand. You pulled your hand back and leaned back in your chair. You didn't feel right, holding his hand with Bucky in mind.

"Did you talk to Tony?" You asked nervously.

"Less than I usually do. He didn't come back to the compound after he went after you three before I left. What happened by the way?" He asked genuinely confused.

"Well, there was a video of the winter soldier killing his parents set up like a car crash. And I got trapped under some debris, while Tony tried to kill Bucky and Steve tried to help save Bucky. And uh, well now we're on the run." You said and finished with a thin smile. "I didn't know if you knew if he hated me for going on the run with them or not." You said sadly.

"I doubt he hates you Princessa, you're basically his daughter." He said confidently.

You gave him a small smile on thanks.

^^^

Steve hovered the jet above the clouds just enough for you to be able to see it but them not be able to see you.

"Y/n, can you hack into the hatch for it to open, maybe knock out the security cameras?" He asked.

"Without a certain kind of technology..." you started then realized who you needed to call. "I need to make a call." You said and went over to the control phone.