7. Trouble

You got back to shield headquarters. Still feeling guilty that you had to lie to Cap, and that you didn't know how to bring up the whole Bucky is the Winter soldier thing.

Nat had the drive to give to Fury and you went back to the weapons room to put back what you used besides your batons that were yours and logged what you used on the computer and sent your mission report to Fury that you had already typed up in an email on the ride back.

You changed into jeans and a band t-shirt you had from Tony and put your hair in a messy bun. As you were walking down the hallway, Steve came up to you.

"I didn't mean for you to think I blamed you, I just don't like being in the dark. Especially because you could've gotten hurt." He said and you looked up at him still feeling guilty. He gave you a sad smirk and brought you into a hug.

"I'm really sorry Stevie, for everything." You whispers the last part and started to tear up again.

"No more tears, I want you to come with me somewhere." He said slinging an around around your shoulders and lead you to his bike in the garage.

You took the bike to the Smithsonian where Steve put a cap on and You put some sunglasses on to be less recognizable. As you walked through You looked around at everything in Aw, You'd never been to the museum before. Steve grabbed your hand and lead you to where two posters of him in his uniform were set up, you saw a little boy in a similar one and a small shield coming down the escalators and almost cried from just cute it was.

Steve just chuckled at you and kept going up the elevator to the Captain America exhibit. You walked to the different walls and screens around the rooms. You stoped in front of one that had pre-serum Steve and post serum Steve. You would've been two inches taller if you had met him back then.

Steve tugged your arm when you giggled seeing the kids comparing their sizes. One kid next to the screens with small Steve one it was looking at Steve like you had when you first met him. Steve noticed and smiled at the kid then put his finger up to his lips telling him to keep it a secret. The kid nodded slowly.

You kept walking around seeing different videos of him and the Howling Commandos during the war. You came up on a mural of all of them with their uniforms in front according to who was behind the mannikin. You looked at Bucky's a little longer, he was, well technically is, a very handsome man.
No wonder he was a ladies man.

Steve would always say he'd like you, he said if he tried anything on you though he wouldn't let him seeing as he had a bachelor lifestyle before they went to the war.

You both turned around to see on a glass wall Bucky's face with the words, A Fallen Comrade, across the top. Steve move forward to get a better look and you followed. You could tell his demeanor changed and put a hand on his shoulder, he put his hand over top of yours as a thank you and watched the screens around the glass of him and Bucky, doing battle strategies, and getting what looked like an old interview if the too.

He looked back at the picture for a minute longer then turned to go go to another part of the museum you hugged his arm as you walked, trying to give him some extra comfort.

You wound up at a screening room with Peggy Carter on the screen, she was explaining how exceptional Steve was and how many men he had saved. He opens up the compass he still had with Peggy's face in it and just stared at it for a bit and caressed the side.