32. Secrets

You were out on a night walk to get some air still in Scotland visiting the odd couple with Pietro. You walked up to the pay phone and looked at it for a few seconds before you picked it up and dialed the number you've been waiting to call for a while.

"Hello, who is this?" The familiar voice said.

"Tony, it's uh, it's y/n." You said nervously.

"Princess, oh my gosh are you okay? I've been so worried about you." He asked anxiously.

"I'm okay dad, I can't tell you where I am but Im safe." You confirmed then widened your eyes after you heard what you had just called him. "Sorry, that's probably..." you started.

"No, that's exactly the validation I needed from you. I didn't know if you hated me." He said.

"Me, hate you? I thought you hated me." You said confused.

"Honey, I could never hate you. Pepper's been worried too." He said with a sigh.

"Are you guys..." You started.

"Yeah, we're back together. Im done with the superhero stuff unless absolutely necessary, which is never, she can hear me." He whispered and you laughed.

"Tony, who are you on the phone with?" You heard her ask in the background.

"Is it okay if I hand her the phone?" He asked.

"Of course." You said immediately.

"Hello?" She asked confused.

"Hey, Pep." You said.

"Oh, my God. Is it really you. Honey how are you. Are you safe. Can you come visit us we won't tell anyone. I really need a y/n hug." She rattled on.

"I would love to, and I definitely need a Pepper hug too, but I don't want to put you guys in danger." You said sadly.

"You won't, you can teleport to the compound when we're there next. Just for hugs and kisses and some words and maybe even a night." Tony said taking the phone from Pepper and putting it on speaker.

"That does sound nice. No sleepover but I might be able to come for a bit." You said.

"Perfect it's a plan. You can teleport to my office tomorrow, same time." He said and you giggled.
"It's a plan, I gotta go before I'm on here too long, but I love you guys. I'll see ya tomorrow." You said sadly.

"We love you too." They said back.

You smiled and let the tear fall down your face as you placed the phone back on the line and walked out of the booth back to the apartment.

You walked into the apartment and Pietro zoomed right in front of you.

"Where have you been, I've been the third wheel for almost three hours. It was getting painful." He said as he rolled his eyes.

You laughed, "I just needed some air. Its really nice to get out, I'm gonna take another one tomorrow." You said taking off your jacket and scarf.