74. Truths

You had spent the rest of the night playing with the boys in the front yard. You would sometimes catch Bucky staring at you and looked away quickly without it being noticeable while the butterflies went ramped in your stomach.

The boys insisted that you slept in there room so you obliged and slept on the ground in there room after you of course shared some scary stories.

You woke up just before the sun rose and walked out to the kitchen, trying not to wake Bucky who was sleeping on the couch. You grabbed a cup and put some hot water in it then grabbed a tea bag and walked out of the house quietly and went over to the dock.

You sat down with one leg over the edge and the other propped up while you leaned on one of the poles and watched the sun rise and drank your tea.

You had a lot going through your head, you didn't know if Bucky was going to regret what he told you last night or not. After your therapy appointment you had decided to see if Jasmine was real and it turns out she was, her kids were too and the story of her husband dying was true too. You found out your mom from that universe was here too.

You wanted to run to wherever they were, you just wanted your sister and one of your mothers back, you had lost so much already. But you knew they wouldn't know who you were.

You were thinking of Nat and how you needed to visit her grave again soon, you had actually met Yelana one day there and she immediately knew who you were since you wore the vest. You offered to give it back to her but she insisted you kept it.

The sun was up in the sky and you just stayed there for a little while longer feeling to the sun on your skin. You heard someone walking up on you, so you opened your eyes and saw Sam. You gave a small smile and he gave you one back.

"Was wondering where you were." He said with a grin and leaned on the pole opposite you, standing.

"Just a lot of thinking I had to do, I guess." You sighed.

"Did you answer any of the questions you had for yourself?" He asked.

"Not really, I feel like I'm at a stalemate." You answered honestly.

He sat down across from you, "You know I never thanked you for looking after my family while I was gone. Even now you're still helping."

"It's really nothing, I know you'd do the same for me if my real family was here." You said with a smile.

"What do you mean by real?" He asked.

"I found my sister and mother, but they won't remember me because they never adopted me in this universe. I'd be a stranger to them. And my biological parents are dead." You said sadly.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I could never imagine going through that without Sarah." He said.

"I just wish I was able to say goodbye. I was kind of able to say it to Jasmine while I was in the hex, but I never got to thank my mom for taking me in." Your eyes started to water and you tried to blink back the tears.

"How did your real parents know to bring you to that universe? Wasn't there another one of you?" Sam asked trying to get you out of your head.

"The Ancient One told me that version of me died when I was a baby, and powers don't work there, so whoever was following my parents and me wouldn't be able to get to me there." You explained.