20. Accords

You and Wanda were sat on her bed watching the news a month after you got back from the mission.
"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation... between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries... In Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission... in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The tv anchor said it then switched to a speech made by King T'Chaka.

"Our peoples blood is spilled on foreign soil... Not only because of the actions of criminals... but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent... Is no victory at all."

"The Wakandan King went in to say they are operating outside and above international law." The female news anchor finished.

"Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these. What legal authority does
an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff or Y/n L/n have to operate in Nigeria..." the male one was cut off by the tv being turned off.

Steve stood at the door and leaned on the door frame.

"It's my fault." Wanda said.

"No it's not, if anything is mine. I saw the building I should have used more strength..." you started.

"That's not true." Steve interrupted.

"Turn the tv back on. They're being very specific." Wanda said sadly looking to Steve.

"I should have clocked that bomb vest long before
y/n even had to say something, then have you guys deal with it." He started walking towards the bed. "Rumlow said 'Bucky' ... and all of a sudden I was a 16 year old kid again, in Brooklyn." You scooted over to let him sit down between you two. "And people died. It's on me."

"It's on all of us." Wanda said looking at the ground.

"This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can find a way to live with that...Then next time... Maybe nobody gets saved..." he looked at the both of you and you looked back knowingly.

Vision then phased through the wall, "Vis! We talked about this." Wanda said.

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." he stoped himself when he looked and yours and Wanda's stern faces. "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."

"Thank you. We'll be right down." Steve thanked.

"I'll use the door. Oh and apparently, he's brought a guest." He said stopping at the door way.

"We know who it is?" Steve asked.

"The Secretary of State." He said and left the room.
You and Wanda both got nervous as Steve looked at you.

"If he says anything stupid, I can't promise I won't blast him. Or send him into a trance." You said and Steve looked at you worried and Wanda chuckled. "What? It'll be a nice one, I'll let him relax on the beach, sip some ice tea." You said getting up from the bed.

"Y/n." Steve said sternly.

"Ugh, fine! I won't, I'll just sit there and look pretty." You said with a huff and then they followed behind you.
"Easy enough." Wanda said wrapping her arm around yours and you giggled.