48. After

You informed her of everything that occurred then told her about how Tony was stranded in space. She left soon after that to go find him and you all ate dinner that night together silently.

Once you were finished you put your plate in the sink then headed back to your room. You sat on your bed and took the tags out of your shirt and looked down at them rubbing your finger over the numbers and letters.

"He's been waiting to give them to you." Steve said from your doorway.

You looked up a him quickly then smiled looking back down at them. "I'm happy to keep them safe while he's gone. He did the same for me."

He looked at you with a smile. "Get to bed, we're going for a run, first thing." He said walking away.

"Gross, fine." You said with a laugh and he did too.

You woke up right before the sun started to rise and got ready for the run. You put on biker shorts and a sports bra and put your hair into a clip.

There was a knock on your door as you were tying your shoes. You used your powers to open the door as you finished and Steve looked at you surprised then proud.

"Didn't think I'd be ready, Cap?" You asked standing up straight with a laugh.

"I'm glad to see you are. Let go." He said clapping his hands and you followed him out.

You ran 20 miles and kept pace with Steve the whole time. As soon as you got back to the compound you collapsed on the ground out side of the door exhausted.

"I..won..." you said through breathes and smiled raising your fist.

"I didn't realize we were racing." He said not breaking a sweat and put his hands on his hips looking down at you.

"We... are... always...racing." You said still breathing heavily.

He laughed at you and rolled his eye. "Come on, we need to get to breakfast." He said reaching his arm out.

"Just... one more second ." You said gaining your breath. "Carry me." You said and opened you arms.

"Y/n." He laughed.

"Please, I'll make my cookies..." you didn't even have to finish and he immediately picked you up and threw you over his shoulder and you giggled all the way to the dining room.

"What an entrance." Nat said as he set you on your feet by the empty chair next to her.

"I won." You said happily and sat in the chair.

"We all technically won, she's making her cookies." Steve said sitting in the chair across from you rubbing his hands together excitedly.

"Well good to know I got here at the right time then." You heard a familiar voice by the door and looked up to see Pepper walking in with Rhodey and Bruce.

"Pep!" You shouted and jumped out of your seat and crashed her into a hug.

"Hi honey. You doing okay?" She asked rubbing your back.