115 | the end

WANDA watched with bated breaths as she was held by Pietro

WANDA watched with bated breaths as she was held by Pietro. She was worried it was not going to work. Tony and Bruce were trying to figure out a way to get the Vision's memories along with getting him fixed again. Bruce knew they would need Wanda to help because she had untapped magic that they had a feeling would help create the Vision again.

After four hours, it seemed to begin to work. Lyra was sitting with Bucky and Sam, talking about a new mission they were thinking of taking up. Because even though they seemed to hate each other, Lyra knew it was a love-hate relationship. Steve walked inside with Charlotte on his back. Lyra rolled her eyes at the supersoldier just as Tony walked from the lab with a small smile.

"He's... alive," he said softly. "But he's confused. The gem we used was just a rare metal, unlike the Mind Stone. Wanda helped put it together, placing her own memories into his brain to help remember. "She's with him and Pietro now."

Lyra smiled softly before her gaze fell. "I guess we just need to say goodbye to Nat," she whispered, and she saw Steve's eyes fall as well when he sat Charlotte down.

The next day, they did just that. Every Avenger. Every person Natasha influenced one way or another. Every person who loved her... not the Russian spy. Not the S.H.I.E.L.D. shadow... just Natasha Romanoff. The beautiful woman who was badass in everything she did.

Lyra stayed at her family's side, tears leaving her eyes as Clint spoke about his best friend. It was hard for him, but he made it through. He told those at the funeral that Natasha was the reason everyone returned. Without her sacrifice, the Soul Stone would have never made it to them. It was a beautiful speech, and Lyra had walked forward after to hold Clint to her chest. It was something odd... the relationship Clint, Natasha, and Lyra had when everything was simple. When they were agents. Lyra sighed into his neck, wishing there was a way to get Natasha back.

Thor and the Guardians returned, along with Carol Danvers from space. Thor felt horrible that there was one life that could not be saved from Thanos. T'Challa and his sister, Shuri arrived. He spoke as well about how Natasha was willing to do whatever it took to make T'Challa feel better after his father and the bombing in Vienna happened. Every Avenger spoke, including Tony.

Tony admitted to thinking Natalie—Natasha's alias when she posed as Tony's assistant—was a very attractive and skilled person. He told them how Natasha helped him through his problems, making him realize how much he loved Lyra during that time as well. He never realized how much Natasha effected his life until she was gone, and it saddened him greatly.

Charlotte, Lila, Cooper, and little Nathaniel spoke about their Auntie Nat. Clint seemed to sob harder at that. Laura held him close. Lyra tried to hold back tears, but she could not do it.

When it was Lyra's turn, she laughed a bit. "Natasha was the most influential badass I ever met. Even before I met her, when I only caught a glimpse of the relationship Clint and she shared, I knew she was a good person. When she finally revealed herself to me, she became one of the most important people I had ever known. When I became pregnant with Charlotte, she did not hesitate to buy the test and help me out. She reassured me how wonderful it would be... how the Avenger Baby would have the craziest aunts and uncles. She wasn't wrong..." she chuckled. "And every time I needed her, she was there. If I could explain even a fraction of how much the woman meant to me, I would, but I'll leave with this... Natasha Romanoff is the real hero. She saved us all. I owe everything to her. She wouldn't want us crying... she'd want us celebrating. She put everything on those stones, and it worked. It worked," she ended with a soft sigh. "I love her, and baby Owen won't go a day without knowing how wonderful she was."

After the funeral, Lyra and the other Starks went home to try and get some peace. It felt better, knowing that Natasha got the funeral she deserved after everything.

The next few months were hectic in the world. As governments tried to fix the world, and companies tried to start moving again, Lyra and Tony spent everyday at home with their family. As Lyra's stomach grew, she found out eventually that it wouldn't be an Owen... for it would be Natasha. As Tony so chose instead when they found out it was a girl.

Wanda and Vision left for a while, trying to figure out Vision's scattered thoughts after being alive again. Pietro went to work for Pepper, looking up to the woman as another mother-figure; though, the Speedster always visited Lyra, Tony, and Charlotte.

Charlotte could control her powers now, and it was always a fun experience trying to help her. Lyra felt normal for the first time in months. Tony had learned to cook properly, always making an excuse be in the kitchen. Lyra's face had healed considerably the more pregnant she became, and Bruce thought it was because of the stone and the baby. She hoped it would go away, but she knew it was permanent.

The Avengers moved on, as much as they could, with the rest of the world. Steve stopped going on missions, spending his days training new recruits. Sam and Bucky had taken over using Steve's shield when they would go out. Bucky had been cleared of his Winter Soldier assassinations... though Steve and Sam were told to keep an eye on him. Tony retired as well, simply tinkering in his spare time as he helped Peter with his new suits and being the friendly neighborhood Spider Man he always wanted to be.

Life was finally peaceful. Lyra felt the freedom of not fighting for her life. She felt happy.

As she stared at Tony helping Charlotte into her own Iron Man armored hand to control her fire blasts, she smiled and sat her hand on her protruding stomach. Calling out, "Be careful!" it fell on deaf ears as Tony almost lost an eyebrow or two.

Tony sent a wink her way as she simply laughed. Charlotte sent another fire blast, landing on the target this time. She grinned when Lyra cheered for her, and it was as if time had stopped. Lyra took out her phone, taking a picture of the pair practicing.

Sending it to the groupchat, she said, "Looks like we got another recruit heading your way, Cap."

And all of the replies from the Avengers stated how much Charlotte resembled Tony and Lyra right there. Smiling, she bit her lip as she shakily stood. "Come on inside. We can make lunch!" she called.

"Cheeseburgers?" Tony asked with his puppy eyes and a stupid pout he had always used on her.

Lyra smiled and nodded as Charlotte reached her side. She kissed Charlotte's head. "Cheeseburgers," she agreed.

The End <3