56 | clean slate

LYRA could hear large explosions happening around her as she felt her body begin to cool down

LYRA could hear large explosions happening around her as she felt her body begin to cool down. She tried to see out the window, but she saw about five Iron Man suits... she realized she must have been out of it. Five suits? She shook her head.

Trying to tilt the table to break free, she bit her lip in pain when another explosion went off near her.

"Okay, Lyra. You're stronger than this," she whispered to herself as she thought of anyway to get out of the bondages on her hands. Suddenly, she felt her body heat up again, and soon, her hands and legs were free. She smirked victoriously, but her triumph was early and short-lived as an explosion went off right next to her.

The walls and ceiling collapsed on her. She gasped out in pain as a large piece of infrastructure fell on her body. She whimpered in pain when she realized that she was over a hole in the ground. Any wrong movement, she would fall into the fires below.

Lyra felt herself gasping and panting horribly just as Tony landed near her in a suit, sliding onto the ground as he tried to lift the metal rails. His helmet slid up to show his worried eyes. "Stop! Put it down. Put it down. Put it down." She screamed as she felt the floor shake. She shut her eyes in worry.

"See what happens when you hang out with my ex-girlfriends?" Tony cracked, reaching his hand out.

"You're such a jerk," Lyra muttered in pain.

"Yep. We'll talk about it over that dinner you wanted," he said as the metal around them creaked and groaned. She was crying harder now, seeing no way out as she tried to reach her hand for his. "Come on. A little more, baby."

Lyra strained to reach her hand out. Just as their fingers touched, Killian appeared, shoving his hand on Tony's suit to burn it once he was on top of him.

Killian smirked. "Is this guy bothering you? Don't get up. Ooh. Is it hot in there? Stuck? Do you feel a little stuck? Like a little turtle, cooking in his little turtle suit."

"Tony," Lyra yelled, feeling hopeless.

"She's watching. I think you should close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close your eyes. You don't want to see this," Killian taunted. Suddenly, Tony cut off Killian's arm as it flew to the side and began to burn through the floor. Lyra screamed as she fell down a level because of it.

Tony looked at Killian's whimpering form. "Yeah, you take a minute. Jarvis, give me a suit right now!" The suit he called flew and got destroyed. "Oh, come on!"

Tony turned to Lyra, gulping as he reached his hand for hers. She stared at him, eyes wide in fear. She reached out for him.

"Ly, I got you. Relax, I got you. Just look at me! Honey, I can't reach any further and you can't stay there. All right? You've got to let go. You've got to let go! I'll catch you, I promise," he said just as the floor beneath Lyra gave out. She screamed as she fell, hand just barely brushing against his. "NO!" Tony watched as Lyra fell into the roaring flames below.