95 | squidward

TONY placed his sunglasses on his face

TONY placed his sunglasses on his face. Lyra found herself fidgeting with her fingers before allowing her skin to send a wave of orange as if she was heating up her powers.

"Friday, what am I looking at?" Tony turned to his wife and the wizard. "Hey! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket, Doc!"

Dr. Strange called for his powers, causing orange rays of light to form. "Might wanna use it."

They continued moving forward as they finally saw a large circular ship floating over New York. "Holy shit," Lyra muttered, letting her hands heat up. Before they could, Tony thrust something her way. She looked down at the bracelet. "Tony..." she breathed out, wondering why he had it with him.

"Emergencies. Worked out, didn't it? Put it on," Tony demanded. "Friday, evac anyone south of 43rd Street, notify first responders."

Dr. Strange did something with his hands to clear the dust in front of them as two creatures exited the ship using a transmat.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to—"

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here," Tony called, cutting him off.

Lyra laughed. "Did he just say rejoice in our deaths?"

"Stonekeeper..." the creature continued, "Do these chattering animals speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself," Dr. Strange said he conjured magical shields around his fists, stepping forward, "But you're trespassing in this city and on this planet." Wong copied his actions.

Tony smirked. "It means get lost, Squidward!"

"He exhausts me," the creature said. "Bring me the Stone."

The larger creature next to him dropped a large hammer to drag it toward them. He was going to attack.

"Banner, you want a piece?" Tony asked.

"No, not really, but when do I ever get what I want?" Bruce said, fist clenched.

Tony grinned. "That's right." Bruce tried to release the Hulk, but the green only went up his neck as he was unsuccessful. Lyra furrowed her brows. "Been a while. Good to have you, buddy."

Bruce nodded. "I just... I need to concentrate here for one second. Come on, come on, man."

"Where's your guy?"

"I don't know. We've sorta been havin' a thing."

"There's no time for a thing."

"I know."

Tony pointed at the creature coming forward. "That's the thing right there. Let's go."

Bruce gave out a loud grunt, but failed to release the Hulk. Dr. Strange stared at Tony, Lyra, and Bruce in disbelief.