108 | snap

WHEN Pietro felt his body return through the Quantum tunnel, he grinned to himself as everyone returned

WHEN Pietro felt his body return through the Quantum tunnel, he grinned to himself as everyone returned. He saw Tony and Steve, which made him grin further. As his eyes went to each person, he noticed the empty spot next to Clint.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked, not noticing anything.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhodey exclaimed happily.

Bruce stared at the empty spot next to Clint once his eyes went to it. "Clint, where's Nat?" Clint did not respond. Bruce suddenly fell to his knees in grief as their suits came off. It was obvious that Natasha was not making it back. Something had happened.

Tony grabbed Pietro in a hug as they thought about Lyra and the fact that this may work. Both knew Natasha wanted nothing more than for this to work. They had to do it for her.

Outside, they all sat by the lake as they thought about Natasha or the fact that this was going to work. Pietro leaned his head in his hands as he thought about Lyra, not being able to help it as he was so torn up about this whole mission. He did not expect to see Lyra, just as he did not expect lose Natasha. She trained him and Wanda to be better. He owed a lot to her.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony finally said, eyes never leaving the pond in front of them.

Steve nodded. "Yeah. Us."

Thor looked around confused. "What?"

"I just asked him a question—" Tony said with furrowed brows as Thor cut him off.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" Thor growled, not wanting to believe it. "So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back," Clint said softly as he stared out to the lake.

"Wha–what?" Thor asked.

"It can't be undone. It can't."

Thor mockingly laughed. "I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive don't you think?"

Clint glared at Thor. "Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?"

"No, that's my point—"

"It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say," Clint said before he began to shout. "Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!" His anger simmered as he looked down. "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it."

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabbed a bench and hurled it clear across the lake. His anger spent, he turned to the others with a resigned look on his face. "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."