38 | mjölnir

"HEY," Clint breathed when Lyra answered the phone

"HEY," Clint breathed when Lyra answered the phone. "I know Fury gave you time off to keep a watch on Tony, but there is something I need you to do for me."

Lyra was watching Tony as he played with a few of Lyra's notes in a large hologram of the arc reactor that would hopefully, eventually, produce a very real energy saver. She bit her lip. "Yeah, yeah. What do you need?" Tony's eyes flickered to hers for a moment before he went back to talking to Jarvis.

"A few months ago when Coulson and I went to New Mexico, there was something that fell from the sky. I can't explain it over the phone, but we're trying to get it out of the ground... there's this trick to it. I don't know. I wanted to get your opinion. Afterward, I figured I could take you to visit you-know-who before dropping you back in Malibu," Clint said with a laugh, referring to his family.

Lyra tilted her head. "Send me coordinates."

"Will do. Thanks, really. This means a lot," Clint said before the call ended.

"Duty calls?" Tony asked with a dejected tone.

"I'll be back no more than a few days. If it's more, I'll let you know," she said softly.

Tony smirked. "Yeah, well. When I call, you better answer. I want to get this into the Stark Tower in New York before the end of next year."

"I have no doubt we will," Lyra said as she kissed him.

He pulled away with a smile. "Call Rhodey. Take my jet."

"Thanks babe," she said with a wink as she walked off.

"Don't forget about the suit!"

"Noted!"

Rhodey had gotten the jet up and running when he heard Lyra was going to be needing a quick lift to New Mexico. He hugged her when she approached.

"I won't be going with you, but the pilot knows where to go," Rhodey said with a smile.

"Thanks, Rhodes!"

The flight was quick and quiet as she was not used to being alone on a large jet. She had a few glasses of wine as she watched the ground get closer. She realized they were landing, and she grinned as she hurriedly stood with her bag. As the door opened, she waved to the pilot who watched the scene around them with furrowed eyes.

As she jumped off the last step, she saw Agent Coulson and Clint watching the jet with amused eyes. "Really?" Clint asked, referring to the large Stark on the side.

"Needed a quick lift. Not all of us own a Quinjet," she teased. "So, what are we looking at?"

Clint smirked as he grabbed her bag before tossing it on a table as they passed. He grabbed a gun to hand it to her as they walked through a tent like room.

"What's going on?" she asked as she heard loud machines rumbling.

"I told you. Something fell from the sky," Clint said with a laugh. "A man had tried to get it a few weeks ago by the name of Thor, but he seemed out of it."

"Thor?" she asked as she placed her glasses on her face. "Jarvis, you there?"

"Ready to work, ma'am," he responded.

When she placed the gun in the holster, she watched Coulson open a flap of the tent to show a large room with a hole in the ground. In the center of the hole, there was a mound that seemed impenetrable with a large hammer sticking out of it.

"Look up anything to do with Thor," Lyra said.

Coulson reached over a table and grabbed a file. "This is what we've come up with—"

"Projecting all known references of Thor," Jarvis called out as her glasses sent a hologram in front of her. Coulson frowned.

Clint smirked as he clapped Coulson's shoulder. "She's like Stark through and through, sir."

Lyra swiped her hand around as a bunch of children's tales popped up. She frowned as she saw a reference that did not seem so false.

"Thor, God of Thunder. Loki, God of Mischief. Are these real people?" Lyra asked softly.

"Thor was his name, but that doesn't look like him," Clint said as she pulled up a drawing of the gods.

"Jarvis, scan the hammer," Lyra commanded as she walked forward.

"Ma'am, I don't think you should—" a man said, but Coulson rose his hand.

"She's fine, Drescle."

Lyra walked around the hammer to get a 3D scan of the hammer. "Well?"

"Scanning..."

She watched as something called a Mjölnir popped up from Norse mythology. "Hologram it," she said to Jarvis.

She watched as the pictures popped up. She swiped her hand around to see all angles. "Yeah, this is it."

"Why can't we get it out?" Coulson.

Lyra frowned as the ground began to shake.

"Lyra?"

"I'm not doing anything," Lyra said. "Jarvis?"

"There seems to be a storm in the nearby town," Jarvis replied. "The is a disturbance in the atmosphere."

Coulson grabbed Lyra's hand as the mound where the hammer was began to shake. "Back off!"

"Wait!" Lyra said, ripping her hand from his.

She looked outside to see a cloud circling over the town. "God of Thunder," she whispered. She turned to Coulson. "Where did Thor go, sir?"

"I don't know. Somewhere in that city. We have guys following—" His eyes widened.

The mound broke as a loud explosion seemed to go off. Lyra felt Clint grab her hand as the hammer left the tent without a warning toward the city.

"Well, I can answer your question, sir," Lyra breathed as she watched lightning and thunder rumble over the city. "The story says one has to be worthy to wield the hammer. Thor... Thor's the God of Thunder... He's worthy."

Coulson immediately went to his phone as he called Fury. Clint grinned over at Lyra. "This shit just keeps getting weirder, doesn't it?"