39 | new year's drama

AFTER Clint let Lyra visit his family, she was brought home to Tony

AFTER Clint let Lyra visit his family, she was brought home to Tony. He was still working, but when he saw her, his eyes brightened. She kept the Thor stuff to herself for right now on Coulson's orders since they were not sure what they were dealing with yet.

As the months passed, the next news that Lyra received from S.H.I.E.L.D. was the unfreezing of Captain Steven Grant Rogers—Captain America. It was all over the news, and Tony had a grand time making jokes about the Captain being unfrozen.

As 2011 came to an end, Lyra was helping Pepper get Tony's New Year's Eve party together since the billionaire was still working happily on his arc reactor project. Pepper was giving Lyra names to write on the guest list as she did not want another birthday party of doom to happen.

"I just don't understand why all these models need to be invited," Lyra said with a pout.

Pepper laughed. "It's good PR with the companies and brands of said models. Why are you worried? Tony is in love with you."

Lyra sighed. "I know, I know. Just can't help it."

Pepper smiled reassuringly as she squeezed her hand. "We should get new dresses for the event. What do you say?"

Lyra laughed. "Yeah. Tony bought me this beautiful diamond necklace for Christmas. I would love a new dress to go with it."

"Sounds good," she said as she hit the intercom. "Joanne? Clear my afternoon after four, reschedule. Thank you!"

Lyra smiled thoughtfully at how well the CEO life fit Pepper Potts.

On New Year's Eve, Pepper and Lyra decided to get dressed together. Pepper was doing Lyra's makeup after Lyra had straightened Pepper's hair. Once they were dressed, they heard Jarvis buzz the room.

"Mr. Stark is wondering where his favorite ladies are," Jarvis spoke. "Shall I inform him of your tardiness?"

"We're going down now!" Pepper called with a laugh. Pepper grinned smugly at Lyra. "Just you wait until he sees you," Pepper said with a dramatic wink.

Lyra walked confidently with her arm looped with Pepper as they left the elevator on the bottom floor where the music was practically shaking the house. She noticed females and males all over, but her eyes were searching for Tony's. When Pepper found someone, her smile brightened as she quickly led Lyra over to the bar.

Rhodey and Tony were leaning against the bar with drinks in their hands. Pepper's hands fell on Rhodey's shoulders scaring him half to death as he turned and hugged her tightly. Tony turned slowly, kissing Pepper's cheek before his eyes landed on Lyra. He smirked as he placed his cup down to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Hello," he said in a sultry voice. She could practically feel the alcohol buzzing off of him. "Aren't you fucking ravishing? We could skip the party, go right to the after-party?"