72 | mind games

PEPPER crossed her arms as she glared heavily at Tony who stood reluctantly behind Lyra as she did not even want to be near him at the moment

PEPPER crossed her arms as she glared heavily at Tony who stood reluctantly behind Lyra as she did not even want to be near him at the moment. Lyra sighed as her eyes went to Charlotte's sleeping figure. "I'm sorry, Pep"

"It's not your fault. Until this is taken care of, I'm going to call Happy to take us to Malibu," Pepper decided. Lyra nodded. "Just in case he comes back."

"That's a good idea," Lyra whimpered. "Hopefully, this won't be long."

"If so, I'll watch her," Pepper promised, pulling Lyra into a hug. "Don't worry about us. I'll send you all sorts of pictures and videos. Happy will be on full guard duty. The whole works."

"Thank you," Lyra breathed before pulling away. She walked out of the room to go get ready, not sparing Tony a glance.

Tony laughed awkwardly. "Did you hear she can shoot fireballs?" he added.

Pepper glared at him.

"Almost took off my head with one."

"That would've been the least you deserved," Pepper sneered. "You better take care of her, Tone."

Tony pulled at his hair. "What do you think Ultron was for!? I have a daughter and a fiancée that I want to protect. I've seen the end, Pep. I've seen them all dead. I want to do everything to protect them. It was never supposed to be like this. It was supposed to make our lives easier so that way we can be normal! I hate leaving my daughter with you every time we need to go on a mission. I'm done with missions. I just want to rest with my family."

Pepper sighed, pulling him in for a hug when a tear left his eyes. "Explain that to her. Right now, all she sees if you putting danger near Charlotte. Explain it, Tony."

Tony nodded, pulling away to kiss Charlotte's sleeping forehead. "Thanks, Pep. For everything."

Pepper smiled reassuringly as he walked out. She took out her phone to call Happy right away.

When they reached the place Klaue was said to be last, Lyra left one hand open and the other covered in the suit. She wanted to put her fire skills to the test if needed.

When they made it inside of the building, they heard Ultron's whining voice. "Don't compare me with Stark! He's a sickness!"

Tony appeared in front of him in his suit with Steve, Thor, and Lyra behind him.

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart," Tony said sarcastically as Lyra made eye contact with Pietro standing protectively in front of Wanda. He smirked when he saw her body beginning to heat up an orange color.

"If I have to," Ultron answered.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor called.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet," Ultron said.