114 | vision's body

EVERYONE in S

EVERYONE in S.W.O.R.D. headquarters watched as Lyra Stark, Tony Stark, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff-Stark, Pepper Potts, James Rhodes, and Charlotte Stark crossed their arms over their chests with indignant expressions on their faces. The workers had called authorities already, but who was going to arrest the woman who saved the world with the scars to prove it?

"We want Vision's body," Lyra stated again. "If there is a chance for Wanda to bring him back, we will take it. If not, he will be celebrated just like Agent Romanoff at the funeral tomorrow."

"You're not getting him," the man—Tyler Hayward—stated with a smirk. "He is dead, Mrs. Stark. The Vibranium in the wrong hands–"

Tony rose his hands. "See? That's where you're wrong. Do my hands look to be wrong in any way? I was the one who created Vision. Yes, he was his own person with thoughts, but he is my property. I'll get a lawsuit if I have to, Hayman!"

"Hayward," the man replied tirelessly. "You will lose the case."

"I'm out of patience," Pepper said, pulling out papers from her briefcase. "Vision left a paper in Wakanda before Shuri began the process. It was stated that Wanda Maximoff-Stark had full authority of dealing with his body after he was killed for the stone. You see, sir? You'll lose the case with Vision's written authorization."

Hayward grabbed the paper, tearing it in half.

"Oh, no," Tony mocked. "I can't believe we forgot to make copies," he said monotonously.

Lyra laughed, pushing past the man to the double doors. Someone tried to grab her, and Charlotte sent a fireball his way. Everyone held up their guns at the child.

Tony narrowed his eyes, stepping in front of Charlotte. He began to point at their group one by one. "Let's see. The Iron Duo—one who is pregnant and hormonal. Hint: it's not me. Sonic. Witch. War Machine. Fireball. And a pissed CEO. Who's going to win here?"

"Drop them," Wanda stated, using her magic to make the men lower their weapons.

Rhodey stepped forward to Hayward, using a tablet in his hand to turn and show the others. "You plan to use his Vibranium to make a new weapon? Yeah, Stark technology hacked right into your poor excuse for a firewall. We'll have your ass in jail faster than you can believe."

Lyra smirked, grabbing Wanda's hand as the witch suddenly opened the door to the rooms that were for S.W.O.R.D. personnel only. The family walked in as Wanda found the room where scientists were working on Vision's body. She broke the glass in anger, flying below.

Tony looked at Rhodey. "Gather up his parts. We're taking him."

Lyra ran her hands through Charlotte's hair as Tony and Rhodey dropped below with Pietro running to catch up with them. Wanda made sure every part of Vision was there, smiling softly at his face as Tony put his parts in a bag.

Pepper sighed. "He's calling the War Council," she said once she made it into the room. "Since Rhodey already found the file to make a new Vision, we have the notes to fix him, at least."

"I wish we could bring Natasha back," Lyra whispered.

Pepper grabbed her hand, squeezing it once. "She'll be celebrated tomorrow for how wonderful she was in all of our lives. Everyone is coming to the funeral, even Thor and the Guardians."

Charlotte turned when someone walked into the room. Raising her hands, she glared at the man while she let the fire heat up. "Back off, man," she stated boldly. "You can't touch us."

Lyra and Pepper turned with equal smirks as a blur ran upstairs, standing protectively in front of Lyra since the man held a gun. Hayward shook his head. "Do you think he'll be the same Vision you knew? He could go rouge—"

"And if he does, Wanda will take care of him. She handles him best," Pepper said.

Once Tony made it back upstairs with a bag, followed by Rhodey and Wanda, they realized Hayward had the place surrounded at a last attempt to keep the Vision's body in their possession.

Tony laughed mockingly. "Dude. You are really pushing your luck. Friday?" His hand was covered with the metal armor he did not want to use anymore. Wanda hovered slightly, anger in her eyes. "Let us go."

Pietro ran quickly, punching the man's jaw—sending him flying across the hallway. Wanda used her magic to have the men lower their guns as Rhodey took out a pistol and led Pepper out of the room. Charlotte and Tony kept Lyra protected in case someone sent a rogue bullet. Nothing could hurt the baby.

When they made it outside, they loaded up in their two cars and quickly got the hell out of there. Pietro held Wanda to his chest as she sighed. She just wanted to bring Vision back.

Tony grabbed Lyra's hand as her phone rang. Smiling softly, she saw it was Steve. Answering the phone quickly, she heard his greeting was lacking enthusiasm. "Hey, Cap. What's up?"

"You all just stole the Vision's body?" he replied with a slight chuckle.

"Not stole. Took our property back," she said cheekily. "We are heading back to the new Avengers Compound so we can try to put him back together. Are you there with Bucky and Sam?"

Steve laughed. "Yeah. They can't stop arguing. It'll be nice to have you here to make them shut up," he paused and yelled, "YEAH! I'm talking about you idiots!"

Lyra giggled to herself, eyes moving to Tony's as he drove. He looked as if something was bothering him, but she did not comment on it as they turned into the compound's parking area. When Wanda, Pietro, and Charlotte got out, Lyra held Tony back.

He smiled tightly when she squeezed his hand. "What's wrong, Tone?"

"Just worried of Hayman's response. He had no problem holding a gun to your head," he said with clenched fists.

"Who cares? I had all of you," she said with a smile. "You would protect me. You always do."

Tony smiled tightly.

"Too soon?"

"Yeah."

"I mean it," she said. "I know you'll protect me."

"We should head in," he said, leaning over to kiss her lips once. She smiled, feeling her face where it was charred crinkle slightly. Tony kissed her cheek where it was scarred, and said, "I love you."

"I love you more, Tone," she said back, watching him run around the car to open her door. Extending his arm, she latched onto it as he helped her out of the car.

Once they made it to the door, it was opened roughly by Bucky with narrowed eyes. "What'd that punk say 'bout the pigeon and me?"

"Move it, Metal Man," Tony grumbled, watching Bucky's eyes turn amused. "Nah, nope. Don't—"

"You're no better, Trash Can," Bucky mused, grabbing Lyra's hand to take her from Tony. Since she still could not run, Bucky did a fast paced walk to get away from Tony's glare. "C'mon, Ly. Walk faster!"

Lyra giggled as she turned to see Tony smirking their way but making no attempt to come after them. As he shut the door, Lyra turned back to Bucky as he lead her to the lab.

Bruce was there as Wanda and Pietro laid out Vision's parts. Tony walked in moments later, putting glasses on his face.

"Where's my kid?" Tony asked to no one in particular.

Bucky shrugged. "Ran off with Sam and Steve."

Tony nodded, typing something on his computer. "Let's get Vision back," he said determinedly.