80 | sokovia accords

THE Avengers who were already present watched Lyra run frantically through the facility as she ran to Wanda's room

THE Avengers who were already present watched Lyra run frantically through the facility as she ran to Wanda's room. Pietro saw her, frowned before following after her. When Lyra made it to Wanda's room, she entered to see Steve and Wanda sitting on her bed as she looked horribly upset.

"It's my fault," Wanda said.

"That's not true," Lyra said quickly, scaring Steve and Wanda as they were not aware of her presence. Pietro pushed past Lyra to sit next to his sister.

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific," Wanda muttered sarcastically.

Steve shook his head. "I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it." He froze. "Rumlow said 'Bucky' and—all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn. And people died. It's on me."

Wanda shook her head. "It's on both of us."

"This job...we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time... maybe nobody gets saved," Steve said before Vision materialized through the wall.

"Vis! We talked about this," Wanda said with a smirk.

Vision looked alarmed. "Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that—" he gestured to the door before stopping. "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."

"Oh, great," Lyra muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Steve nodded. "Thank you. We'll be right down."

"I'll...use the door. Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest," Vision said.

"We know who it is?"

"The Secretary of State."

"Great," Lyra said again as Pietro and Wanda grabbed Lyra's hands for comfort.

When they made it to the briefing room. Tony was not surprised to see Lyra with the large group. Around the table sat Rhodey, Natasha, Steve, Sam, Vision, Tony, Wanda, Pietro, and Lyra. Secretary Ross stood at the head of the table.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass...I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives...but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some...who would prefer the word 'vigilantes,'" Ross stated. Lyra kept her hands wrapped firmly around Pietro and Wanda's as she sat between them.

Natasha eyed him. "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

"How about dangerous? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross turned and activated a screen that showed past battles. "New York." Lyra shut her eyes and looked down. "Washington D.C." Lyra turned back to see the Helicarriers falling, and she could see herself flying to save Steve. "Sokovia." The robot army. "Lagos." The mission that Wanda had exploded the building. Wanda tightened her hand.