73 | safe house

WHEN the Quinjet landed on a familiar farmhouse terrain, Lyra stood up shakily

WHEN the Quinjet landed on a familiar farmhouse terrain, Lyra stood up shakily. Thor wrapped an arm around her waist as the left the jet, helping her from falling as she still felt out of it. Gulping, she turned to see the excitement in Clint's eyes as he helped Natasha up the steps.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

Tony looked at it curiously. "A safe house?"

Clint smirked. "Let's hope, he said as he opened the door. "Honey, I'm home!" Laura walked out from the kitchen with wide eyes as she took in the Avengers in her home. Clint walked up to her with a smile, kissing her once on the lips. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey," Laura said softly.

Tony glanced at Thor. "This is an agent of some kind."

"Gentleman, this is Laura," Clint said.

Laura laughed. "I know all your names," she said just as loud footsteps appeared from the stairs.

Clint grinned. "Ooh, incoming." Cooper and Lila ran in, throwing themselves at their father.

"Dad!" Lila shouted as Clint picked her up.

Clint laughed, kissing Cooper's head. "Hey, buddy! How you guys doing?"

Tony frowned. "These are... smaller agents."

Lila looked around. "Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Ly?"

Natasha and Lyra walked forward as Natasha said, "Why don't you hug them and find out?"

Lila rushed toward Natasha who picks her up in her arms as Cooper hugged Lyra tightly. "Hey, buddy. You've grown a ton," Lyra said softly, ruffling his hair. Natasha and Lyra swapped as Lyra placed many little kisses all over Lila's face. "My favorite niece! Oh, look how beautiful you've gotten!"

Steve coughed. "Sorry for barging in on you."

Tony eyed Lyra as she approached Laura to hug her. "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony remarked.

"This isn't what I meant when I said I wanted to see you soon," Laura said with a smirk as Lyra laughed, holding her tightly before kissing her stomach once.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low," Clint said as Natasha hugged Laura next.

Laura smield. "Honey. Ah, I missed you."

Natasha rubbed Laura's stomach. "How's little Natasha, huh?" Lyra turned when she heard a smash of something. She could see Steve and Thor staring at broken lego pieces as Thor swiftly brushed them under the table.

"She's... Nathaniel," Laura said softly.

Natasha leaned down to whisper at the stomach, "Traitor."