42 | reindeer games

LYRA fixed her ponytail as she hopped off of the Quinjet

LYRA fixed her ponytail as she hopped off of the Quinjet. Steve turned and his eyes widened at the difference in her appearance. He flushed slightly at the tightness of her outfit before nodding. "Ready?" he asked her.

Lyra grinned at him. "Coulson has great taste," she said cheekily, pinching his cheek.

Steve felt himself smile as he followed her on the runway. "You know, you've had at least three different personalities in the last hour alone."

"I had like three breakdowns, too," Lyra said with a shrug, "it's the life of being Agent Redfield."

Steve shook his head with the smile not falling.

"I think we're going to be great friends, Captain," she said while turning her head to look at him. Coulson laughed from next to her as she waved at a red-head down the runway.

Coulson tapped Steve's shoulder. "She's one of the best, Captain."

"Best what?" he asked.

"Agent? Friend? Confident? An overall good person? You name it," he said.

Lyra stared at Natasha with a smirk. "Who are you playing today?"

Natasha rolled her eyes. "I missed you, too, Agent Redfield."

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers," Coulson introduced.

"Ma'am," Steve greeted.

"Hi. So sorry you had to deal with this one," she said, pointing to Lyra. Lyra grinned and nudged her shoulder playfully. Natasha smirked at the action before glancing at Coulson. "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace."

"See you there," Coulson said before walking off. Natasha began walking up to the Helicarrier with Lyra and Steve following.

"Did you hear about Barton?" Lyra asked softly, but Steve heard her.

Natasha nodded but said nothing on it. She simply grinned at Steve. "It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"

"Trading cards?" Steve asked curiously.

"They're vintage, he's very proud," Natasha said.

Lyra noticed Bruce Banner walking ahead as he tried to stay out of the way, but people continued to step in his way. She saw him meet her eyes, and she smiled at him gently.

"Dr. Banner," Steve greeted, and the pair shook hands.

"Oh, yeah. Hi. They told me you'd be coming," Bruce said with an anxious look in his eye.

Steve nodded as their hands fell apart. "Word is you can find the cube."

"Is that the only word on me?" he asked worriedly, wondering if they knew about his Hulk.