69 | plastic

LYRA ran a hand through Clint's hair as he sucked in breaths raggedly

LYRA ran a hand through Clint's hair as he sucked in breaths raggedly. He was hurting, obviously, from the chunk of his side missing. She was trying to push her regeneration into him, but the stuff inside of her did not work that way. She caught him smirking slightly as she paused.

"What?"

"That feels nice," he commented dryly. "You know, compared to the pain."

Lyra sniggered as she continued running her hand through his hair. "Well, don't expect this treatment everytime you get hurt. The quick little bastard had us flying all over."

Clint scowled. "I'll get him back. Don't you worry. Yeah... quick little bastard. I like it," he murmured before his eyes fell into an unconscious state. Lyra laughed quietly at his soft snores.

Lyra stood, clutching onto Tony's arm as he gave Jarvis the wheel. Thor, Steve, Tony, Lyra stood together. "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since S.H.I.E.L.D. collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but–"

"No, but this–this brings it to a close," Thor said as they stared at the scepter that began their torment in 2012.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve said seriously.

"Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asked. Thor nodded. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying, right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels."

"Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra, so. Yes, revels," Steve said, smiling at Lyra.

When they arrived at Avengers Tower, Clint was rolled off as soon as possible with Natasha following. Agent Hill walked up the ramp. "Lab's all set up, boss."

Tony pointed to Steve. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

"Who's the boss?" Lyra asked with a raised brow.

Tony smirked. "Yeah, probably you."

Steve walked off with Maria. Lyra winked at Tomy before following. "What's the word on Strucker?"

"NATO's got him."

"The two enhanced?"

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special," Hill said as she typed something on the tablet in her hands.

"Their abilities?" Steve asked as they neared an elevator.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation," Hill explained as Steve looked at her confused. "He's fast and she's weird."

Lyra walked off when she heard Pepper and Charlotte giggling to something. She smiled brightly when she caught sight of the baby. "Hey, pretty girl!" Charlotte turned excitedly, running and falling as she tried to get to her mother. Lyra picked her up, throwing her in the air once. "Mommy missed you. You know who'd love to see you? Uncle Hawkeye. He's hurt."

Pepper stood, placing a toy on the couch with a smile. "How was it?"

"We got the scepter," Lyra answered with a nod. "All's well that end's well, I suppose. Clint got hit, but he's recovering. You're staying for the party, right?"

Pepper nodded. "Rhodey said he couldn't come tonight but he'd be here for the party. I'm going to head to bed."

"Thanks again, Pep!" Lyra called with a grin. She smiled at Charlotte's tired eyes. "You need to go to sleep, too, huh? Past your bedtime."

She walked to the elevator. "We'll see Uncle Hawk first."

As Lyra walked into the lab, she smirked at Clint as he laid out on the bed with Dr. Helen Cho regrowing his skin. "You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together," Natasha asked with a laugh.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum," Dr. Cho said, but the three agents eyed each other curiously. Lyra was smart, but even she did not understand that.

Bruce walked in, clarifying her words. "She's creating tissue."

"Ah," Lyra said as she crouched in front of Clint's face so Charlotte could smack him on the cheek. "Be nice, Char."

"Hawk okay?" Charlotte said brokenly, tapping his cheek again.

Clint nodded with a grin. "Yeah, Hawk's okay."

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes," Dr. Cho said. "Not everyone is as cool as you, Miss Redfield," she added, referring to her regeneration abilities. Hell, her gun shot wound from a few hours ago had already healed on the jet.

Soon, Tony walked in with smoothies in his hands. "Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?"

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic!" Clint said loudly, grabbing his smoothie from Tony.

"Here's your beverage," Tony said before turning to Lyra and Charlotte who was sucking her thumb as she sleepily stared at Tony. Tony reached his arms for her. "Come on, munchkin, Daddy'll put you to bed unlike your terrible Mommy who forces you awake at this ungodly hour." Lyra handed Charlotte to Tony. She snuggled into his neck.

Lyra narrowed her eyes. "Traitor."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton," Dr. Cho corrected Clint's statment about plastic. "Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

Clint took a dramatic sip of his smoothie. "Well, I don't have a girlfriend."

Lyra and Natasha smirked to themselves.

"That I can't fix. This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust," Dr. Cho said with a smirk.

Tony nodded, backing up. "Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," she said before hesitating. "Will Thor be there?"