103 | model rendered

AFTER dinner, Pepper was putting Charlotte to bed as Pietro normally read stories with her to get her to fall asleep

AFTER dinner, Pepper was putting Charlotte to bed as Pietro normally read stories with her to get her to fall asleep. Tony was hurt that Pietro left so easily, but he tried to look at it from their perspective. They really believed it would work.

He scowled when he lost control of the water, wetting the shelf next to him. Rolling his eyes, he began to dry everything around him. His eyes suddenly went to a picture of Lyra and Tony holding Charlotte. Around them stood Pietro and Wanda smiling brightly. The picture next to it was of Lyra, Charlotte, Tony, and Peter when he got his internship. It was taken to fool Aunt May. He smiled softly at the two photos before gulping.

***

"No more. I have to drive back to the airport," she said stiffly.

Tony smirked. "You've always had a high tolerance. I think you'll be fine. Better yet, Happy can drive you home." He walked forward toward her with a full cup. She gulped as he neared her. "Or you could stay. You know I always like when you stay, Ly."

She backed away, her ankle rolling over her heel in the brisk movement. Tony's arms wrapped around her waist to help her up.

***

When Tony made it to stand in front of Lyra, he smirked. "Your eyes are red. Few tears for your long-lost lover?"

"Tears of joy, you asshole. I hated living alone," she whispered before pulling him in for a hug he was not expecting. He held her with his good arm before pushing her back.

***

"Let's hope. Okay, you're gonna attach that to the base plate. Make s-sure you—" Lyra shoved the reactor into his chest causing him to scream when it attached. "Was that so hard? That was fun, right? Here, I got it. I got it. Here. Nice."

Lyra took her hands off his chest as he clicked it into place. The machines went stable as he took a deep breath. "Are you okay?" she asked softly.

Tony grinned. "Yeah, I feel great. You okay?"

Lyra smacked his arm. "Don't ever, ever, ever, ever ask me to do anything like that ever again."

Tony grabbed her hand as he said quickly, "I don't have anyone but you. Anyway—" Tony ripped the wires off and stood up.

***

"It was totally not harmless, by the way."

"What do you mean?"

Lyra sighed. "You don't understand because you're you. And everybody knows exactly who you are and how you are with girls and all of that, which is completely fine. But, you know, then me, you're my old love, and I'm dancing with you. It makes me look pathetic."