43 | thor

TONY walked straight to Lyra, touching her face gently as the group walked into the Quinjet

TONY walked straight to Lyra, touching her face gently as the group walked into the Quinjet. Natasha had taken off, but there was a storm that seemed to be growing outside. She ignored it as Tony searched her face for injuries. She smiled. "Finished your homework?"

Tony laughed. "Yeah. Offer still stand?"

"When we get home," Lyra said with a wink as she walked over to Steve who was staring at Loki oddly. Tony followed her, eyeing the Captain oddly before his gaze landed on the God that was in cuffs.

"I don't like it," Steve mentioned.

Tony shrugged. "What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?"

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

Steve looked over at Tony confused. "What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, during your time as a Capsicle," Tony said as he felt for Lyra's hand. "You should've worn your suit just in case," Tony started to Lyra, "though I like the fitted black look you got going on."

"Priorities, Tone. I was fine," she said as she turned to Steve watching them with a faraway look in his eyes.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve said to Tony.

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," he replied while looking over to Lyra as he thought of the year he was dying. The Quinjet shook as thunder and lightning nearly hit it. Lyra walked to the window.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asked aloud.

Lyra bit her lip, thinking back to the last time she saw weather like this. She turned to Loki as he stared outside the window intently.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve taunted.

Loki glanced at Lyra as if he knew she knew. He did know. "I'm not overly fond of what follows."

"Shit," Lyra cursed as she instantly pressed the bead on her bracelet. Steve and Tony watched her suit cascade around her body as a bang hit the top of the roof of the Quinjet and a bright light shone through the window. Suddenly, the ramp opened as Tony put on his mask. Tony jumped back when a man—a very large man in similar clothing to Loki—landed on the ramp. He glared at the occupants before grabbing Loki's throat and flying out.

Tony walked forward to Lyra. "Now there's that guy."

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha called.

"Think the guy's a friendly?" Steve asked.

"Yes... No! I don't know. Thor, God of Thunder," Lyra said, gesturing to the open Quinjet. "He is not on Loki's side, I know that."

Tony shook his head. "Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost."

Tony turned and became ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor.

Steve called out, "Stark, we need a plan of attack!"

"I have a plan," Tony said before turning back to look at Steve. "Attack." Tony jumped from the Quinjet.

Lyra groaned. "Fuckin' always picking up after him—" she said as she walked to the ramp.

"Lyra, I don't think you should—" Steve said as he grabbed a parachute. She jumped out. "—jump. Wow, they are made for each other."

Lyra saw Tony's suit ahead of her, so she sent herself faster toward him. Once she could almost grab him, he had his hands out to tackle Thor. She had not realized how close they were.

Mjölnir flew back into Thor's hand as he said, "You listen well, brother. I—"

Thor was thrown aside when Tony tackled him.

"I'm listening," Loki said with a slight smirk on his face.

Lyra landed in front of him with her palms facing him as they heated up, reading to blast. "Stay," she said.

Loki eyed her. "You think I'll listen to you, you mere mortal in a metal can—"

She sent a blast next to him as she called for Jarvis to send Natasha her coordinates to pick up Loki. Loki stayed quiet after that. Once she saw Natasha, she flew off to the loud explosion near her where Tony and Thor were fighting.

Lyra stared wide-eyed as Thor sent rays of lightning at Tony from his hammer. She watched as the suit twitched with electricity. She tapped into his suit and heard Jarvis say, "Power at 400% capacity."

"How about that?" Tony muttered before his hand boosters and arc reactor sent the brightest rays she had ever seen at Thor causing the God to fall to his knees.

The pair stared at each other in anger before running toward each other and flying into the air. They fought, pushing each other, and soon, they both came crashing down. They smashed so many trees in their path as Tony yanked Thor up, but she saw Thor crush his hand boosters. She watched as Tony fueled his hand boosters and sent a blast in his face and then headbutted him. Thor headbutted him back sending him across the forest.

Lyra sent a blast at Thor to keep him down as Tony stood warily. Thor's eyes met hers and the anger only grew. He threw his hammer at her, but she dodged out of the way. She was not ready when the hammer went back to his hand, knocking into Lyra on its way. She was flown into a tree.

"Now, you've pissed her off," Tony taunted as Lyra stood.

Thor rose a brow. "Her?"

She sent blast after blast at Thor as he tried to fight them off and dodge out of the way. Tony flew toward Thor and swung him into a tree, but Thor stood right up. Both Tony and Lyra sent a blast from their hands, but before they could land properly, Captain America's shield ricocheted off of Thor, Tony, and Lyra causing all three to trip over themselves as they stared at Steve with heated glares.

"Hey! That's enough!" Steve growled as he jumped next to Lyra. He stood in front of her and yelled at Thor. "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here—"

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!"

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down." Steve demanded.

"Um, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!" Tony said as Thor hit him with the hammer again to prove a point. He then began to raise his hammer into the air. Tony stood quickly and grabbed Lyra to push her back behind him as Steve grabbed his shield.

Thor looked at Steve. "You want me to put the hammer down?"

Thor leaped into the air as Steve crouched with his shield over his head. Thor brought the hammer down onto the shield, and a massive implosion of light from the reaction to the Vibranium shield went off. The shockwave sent an explosion that went through anything within a mile of the place. Tony stood from where he and Lyra were knocked down. He flicked his mask off as Lyra did the same.

Steve stood next, eyeing the three with a stern look. "Are we done here?"