82 | bucky

LYRA managed to find out where Tony was

LYRA managed to find out where Tony was. She had set her flight to him, using the helicopter he kept for emergencies. When it landed on the roof, she walked in as people yelled at her to show identification. She sent them the middle finger in return.

Lyra managed to make it into the office just as she heard Natasha call, "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."

Lyra noticed Sam, the king of Wakanda, and Steve walking in with dejected faces.

"He's alive," Steve countered.

"What happened?" Lyra went straight to Steve, ignoring Natasha.

"Bucky didn't do it," Steve said, "but they took him."

Tony walked in on his phone, eyes one again not surprised to see Lyra among the group of misfits. "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

Natasha smirked. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." She pointed at Lyra. "Don't get involved. You have a child."

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir," Tony ended the call.

Steve rose a row. "Consequences?"

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too. Where's your bracelet, Lyra?" Natasha asked.

"Don't know," she said, slipping it into her pocket.

Tony walked by, slipping his hand into her pocket, grabbing it in his palm with a mocking smile. "Government."

Sam glared. "That's cold."

Tony called back, "Warmer than jail."

Tony found Steve and Lyra later in a glass-walled office overlooking the control room as they prepared to talk to Bucky. She was tapping her foot angrily as Steve noticed Tony.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony pulled out two pens. "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war."

Tony laughed. "See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to... what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?"

Steve pointed to Lyra. "Are these here for Lyra and I? You kind of pissed her off."

Tony noticed her shoulders tense. "A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up Hydra... had Charlotte... and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference," he said, hoping she would say something. Tony stood, waiting for her to acknowledge him. "In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."